Driver's Side Window Gets Stuck

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bought a '92 Honda Civic LX Sedan yesterday and one thing that I noticed is the driver's side window goes up about 85% and then it seems like it gets jammed or stuck on something as it makes a noise like that. I have to pull the window up in order to close it, and it doesn't close all the way when I do it. How do I fix this with the least amount of damage to the door?

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take the panel off, and there will be a 10mm bolt next to the speaker whole. unscrew that bolt and adjust the window. possibly tighten it or move it to get the window to adjust and move properely.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
its probly off track a little look on the inside when you take the panel off on each ends of the door on the inside there should be metal rails covered with rubber that helps guide the window up and down

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright. I`ll try that out after school. i noticed there`s no screws on the speaker panel. Does it just pull off with force?

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
if your talking about the cover they pop off if your talking about the whole door panel one screw behind the door handle on the inside one in the handle to pull the door closed and there should be black clip type screw things where the panel meets the dashboard and the rest is clips be carefull they break easy

Nizzik

Check if there is still teeth on the gear that the window motor spins.
Few spots were grinded down from the window motor on mines so the window just kept bouncing.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll check that out. Didn't get a chance to open it up before work today, it was raining too much. It's going to rain all day tomorrow too so probably won't be able to fix it till this weekend. And my mom's getting my car insured tomorrow so I'll finally be able to do some serious driving.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took the door off and I couldn't see where it was getting stuck. I took a video but didn't have time to upload it. I couldn't tell if it was snagging onto something or not.

bujeezus

don't know if you ever got this figured out. same thing happened to my 00 until it finally came completely off the track. removed the door panel, readjusted the front guide then before i buttoned every thing back up, hit everything with some heavy duty silicone spray. works like a champ now.

AV4187

Check if there is still teeth on the gear that the window motor spins.
Few spots were grinded down from the window motor on mines so the window just kept bouncing.
This might be your problem bro i just got done fixing my wimdow that did the same your going to have to get a new window motor

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It doesn't bother as much because it's cold outside and the window being down isn't necessary but I'll check these things out when I get a chance.

xowiickedox

5+ Year Member
i have the same issue. i think its a problem with the rubber, because when mine get stuck i added a bit of baby oil and then it slid very fast and when the oil dried up it was back to slow and sticking . so for now i do that but it is a very bad and annoying issue