driving record / points / accident question.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight so i got in an accident that was my fault on november 2001 ... im under the impression that the s**t stays on my record for 3 years ... but im hearin its 7? someone clear this s**t up.

Backgroud:
I sideswiped her after making a right turn from a stop sign and didnt see her. Her pass side window broke, and rear door fell off the car. She immediatley got out the car and said "oh my back" ... the cop (which she called) told me "not to worry son, sideswipes dont cause back injury" She was rear ended 2 weeks prior to me hitting her which leads me to believe she was full of s**t.

Later, i find out she hit my insurance co up for $60k in medical expenses. For a while it was on my dads record because they f**ked up and put it on him since he was the registered owner of the car. They figured out their mistake and tried to hit us up for $2k in back coverage (which we refused to pay) and now $3200 / year for liability only.

I have tried going to other insurance companies cause i know there are ones cheaper than AAA but none will take someone with an injury accident on their record.

ZuM00Si

Jack Load
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My mom deals with insurance things I will ask her and let you know alright. She is an insurance adjuster for Gallo so she knows whats going on. =)

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I belive that tickets are on there for 3 years and accidents are 7 years....someone prove me wrong on the 7 years for accident please because I have an accident as well

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 2kstreetcivic
I belive that tickets are on there for 3 years and accidents are 7 years....someone prove me wrong on the 7 years for accident please because I have an accident as well
thats what im scared of.

f**k that shits gonna be expensive ... 3200 / year till im 24! and im only 19 now!

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
simple solution.....don't crash your ride :lol: :lol: ...just kidding, i am just fortunate to only hit inanimate objects, therefore i don't gotta tell insurance

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i crashed my dads bronco :o ... 2 days after crashin my old 73 mg bgt :(

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Melt
i crashed my dads bronco :o ... 2 days after crashin my old 73 mg bgt :(

that sucks man...bad luck i guess

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Blue2k2
that sucks man...bad luck i guess
tell me about it ... it was the weekend i became "sworn in" at my local church and all that bad s**t happens.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Melt
tell me about it ... it was the weekend i became "sworn in" at my local church and all that bad s**t happens.

wow...thats not cool...somebody up there wasn't watching out for ya

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats kinda what i said but then i chilled ... cant blame it on the good lord but it is a strange coiencidence.

ZuM00Si

Jack Load
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forgot to ask my mom bro. I will ask her tomorrow when I get a chance alright. =)

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by ZuM00Si
I forgot to ask my mom bro. I will ask her tomorrow when I get a chance alright. =)
come on man..get with it...we are all awaiting the answer...hahaha...

wishitwasSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
only way to prevent accidents is to stop driving, i thnk ill take my chances with the accidents =)

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by wishitwasSI
only way to prevent accidents is to stop driving, i thnk ill take my chances with the accidents =)

hahaha....ditto

sublimewls

What's Up Denny Neagle?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i have heard the same bout 7 years and 3 for tix, but i know some tix stay if they are in major EXCESS... like 99 in a 60 like my cousin for like 4 years ago and still on his record. But places will take you... try eastwood insurance. Haha pr Geicko (Sp?) it could save you 15% or more on car insurance. Damn my is only 1200 a year

Eric55inSacCA

Large Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its 3 YEARS! you have two records, an "in-house record" accessible by insurance companies, laywers, public types.. then you have a confidential record that is kept for seven years but is not accessible to public record. its standard business practice to keep all records for seven years, statue of limitations reasons, and many others. if you get a DUI, yes it will be on for longer. these are special circumstances that fit the crime. insurance keeps a different record regarding claims not necessarily violations.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Eric55inSacCA
its 3 YEARS! you have two records, an "in-house record" accessible by insurance companies, laywers, public types.. then you have a confidential record that is kept for seven years but is not accessible to public record. its standard business practice to keep all records for seven years, statue of limitations reasons, and many others. if you get a DUI, yes it will be on for longer. these are special circumstances that fit the crime. insurance keeps a different record regarding claims not necessarily violations.
nice...thanks for the info....solves the much wondered question

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Eric55inSacCA
no prob, gotta contribute some sorta knowledge base around here=)

ya, someone always knows something that someone else wants to know...