Dropping questions

Fresh_JDM

┈━═☆FO-SHO☆
Hey, I don't really know much about the dropping deal but I would like to do it lol. What should I get from research I found coil covers, springs, and what not. But I don't know what to get the coil cover's are a bit pricy but that's no problem and how do the springs work should I go with the springs? If so how do I do it? Thanks for you help guys =)

chino(905)

im new to this aswell and wanna drop my ek hb. i know coilovers are more maintenance and if your going all out get coilovers dnt winter drive these, lowering on springs is the cheapest way but lacks performance and handleing as opposed to good set of coilovers

chino(905)

lowering springs will work on stock shocks i think?

daishi17

5+ Year Member
lowering springs will work on stock shocks i think?
they will work but ride you will bounce all over the place, trust me my civic came with coil over sleeves and stock shocks. Upgraded to some function and form type 1's, and rides really good.

main reason i purchased a full coil over setup is that i like the option of changing my ride height.

Mithx978

Not sure but last I heard putting coilovers or lowering springs on stock shocks was not reccommended

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you get camber kit front and rear. and get f&f type ones. ive seen them i think 653 shipped for civics. put short. suspension isnt cheap. cheap and good dont go together in cars

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I've had Tein S-Techs on my stock shocks for about 2-3 years. No bouncing and no problems. S-Techs are meant as stock replacement springs, but they do lower you (1.7/1.9 inches IIRC).

I had no other suspension mods besides that and I never had any problems. No camber kit, nothing.

They're inexpensive and offer a decent drop that won't shock you into hitting every curb you park near.