Drove through HUGE puddle!

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tonight it was raining really hard, i drove throu 2 puddles that were at least a foot deep, i got thourgh one puddel fine, and the other really slowed me down to a stop, and while i was slowly acclerating, steam was coming up from the front of my car, and i Know water got into my muffler, i was dring through that deep water for more then 50 feet while that was happening.........so i wanted to know if any of you guys had expericed this too , and if anything bad would happen if you got water inside your muffler, my intake is fine because i don't have one, i just have a cone filter off the throtle body.

boyer

slow rex =)
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coulda just been water burning on the exhaust manifold or pipes?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
boyer said:
that's all it wasy, and it won't hurt naything by going into you muffler, in fact even if it does it not going to get far into there since the motor is already pushing air outta there so it should still be pushing the water out aswell.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
that's all it wasy, and it won't hurt naything by going into you muffler, in fact even if it does it not going to get far into there since the motor is already pushing air outta there so it should still be pushing the water out aswell.
:werd: :wstupid: :admin:

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll be fine. It's when the water goes in the intake and then you're f**ked.

So yeah, i guess that means im f**ked x2 :(

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
boyer said:
yea thats what i was thinking, and it was kinda like almost stallling cuz it was trying ta push out the exhust and water trying ta get in...so....yea.... so it's all good then, thanks

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boyer said:
Since when does water burn? The steam was from water evaporating off of the radiator, engine, exhaust, etc.

Its not a big deal to drive through some water all long as the engine doesn't injest any and no water gets stuck in any areas where it can pool then cause rust. Also, there where plenty of times where my jeeps exhaust was completly submerged but it never did anything.

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
last time i drove through a puddle i had my body kit on and my car started to float lol i felt like i was driving a bout

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Its not a big deal to drive through some water all long as the engine doesn't injest any and no water gets stuck in any areas where it can pool then cause rust. Also, there where plenty of times where my jeeps exhaust was completly submerged but it never did anything.
well probly cuz my lil 4 banger was trying ta huff and puff out the exhust it was hard for it, but your big jeep probly has a V8 and that is so powerful that it could acctually propel you forward like a morort boat :lol:

C.F. Freak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
91SiVTEC said:
well probly cuz my lil 4 banger was trying ta huff and puff out the exhust it was hard for it, but your big jeep probly has a V8 and that is so powerful that it could acctually propel you forward like a morort boat :lol:
Most Jeeps comes with a 4-cylinder actually.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
C.F. Freak said:
Most Jeeps comes with a 4-cylinder actually.
wrong, most come with a 6cyl, and i have one myself, either a inline 6cyl or a V6.

Last edited:

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
wrong, most come with a 6cyl, and i have one myself, either a inline 6cyl or a V6.
There are a ton of Cherokees and Wranglers running around with 2.5L 4 bangers though.

91SiVTEC said:
4.0L I-6, a badass engine. Only Grand Cherokees came with the 318ci V8.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oh i know there is a decent bit of 4cyl, but i know for sure the 6cyl overrules them, and i have a inline 6.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tom said:
oh i know there is a decent bit of 4cyl, but i know for sure the 6cyl overrules them, and i have a inline 6.
It was about half/half when I was looking to buy my Jeep.