Duckits EG8....mmm sedan!

DuckIt

Duckits EG8....more picturez/updates 2/18/13

Well, shortly after the girlfriend and I found out we were having a daugher, i decided it was time for me to pick up a sedan.

the day i got it.

I havent done a whole lot to it. Beast7 build, a6 cam/y7 cam gear, I/H/E, and i have a z6 manifold to throw on still.
I purchased some new tires a few days ago. Also installed a b&m short throw, along with a blox knob. put a new fender on the car, then got hit the next day, then had to buy ANOTHER new fender lol. Also installed clear corners.

heres a picture of how it sits now.

It needs a few little things, but i drive about 65 miles a day, and need to keep it reliable. Id like to do a stock LS swap, and just drive it.

DuckIt

Well i have this z6 manifold i wanted to put on the beast7... so i decided to do a small shave job on it....

anddd
finished.

Have it all torn apart right now installing the manifold, and also doing a timing belt and water pump to it.

Also, finally got rid of this the digusting green VC the PO had painted. Wrinkle red, im going to be polishing the letters when i get to my die grinder at work.

Shifter extender came in a couple weeks ago. Feels nice on the b&m.

And also, picked this up a couple weeks ago. Welded it on already, ill get pics of it soon.

DuckIt

Thanks!

I wanna find a clean stock not beat to hell ls swap to throw in it.

DuckIt

And more picturez....Got the intake install, and timing belt all done. Bays looking decent, just needs a good cleaning now. Also, got out and washed the thing today, since its like 50 degrees out.

And heres some pictures of the bay as it is right now.

And heres a couple pictures of the twin loop i just welded up last week. Mated to the crap greddy catback, which needs a new resonator to eliminate the raspyness.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice i love 4 doors........can you tell me the exact paint to do the wrinkle job.....and do you need to bake it or did you just do that so it sets in better

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Good start, dayton/cincy have tons of hondas so you'll find a good swap pretty soon. A very close buddy of mine lives in centerville with a boosted LS coupe (98)

DuckIt

I actually just moved back to my hometown of bowling green ohio in january. With our daughter on our way, we felt It was best to be near our family

DuckIt

However, daytons not a far drive, and I've got a few good friends there now. So I've been scouring their cl. Lol

DuckIt

Well....couple small updates....

Buddy came over and we started repairing my rear quarters where the PO had very poorly welded in patch panels and tried filling the imperfections.
Passengers side MOSTLY done. Needs some more caressing, but its good enough for now.
Its crazy looking at the new frost white in comparison to the faded old frost white...I will be repainting the whole car soon. Lol

And, we didnt get very far with the drivers side yet.

Also, i got sick of my exhaust rattling, and being super raspy due to the need for a new resonator. Just sick of hacking up this exhaust...So i got a yonaka. Now just waiting on a test pipe so i can install this. Eventually i will be getting a magnaflow cat as to keep decibels and raspiness down to a minimum.

And just another random picture i like.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You went from a GReddy to a Yonaka exhaust? Why?

DuckIt

Because the greddy was honestly one of the loudest, raspiest, and most disgusting sounding exhausts I've ever heard. Which is most likely because the exhaust was super old. Probably just worn out. The yonaka sounds great, its incredible how nice these exhausts are for the price.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

DuckIt

Haven't been on here in awhile. Not a ton has changed. Z6 powered now, and I replaced the cut front springs with matching tein s. techs which were already on the rear. Picked up some meshies, and put new tires on em and threw them on. Bought Ls front spindles so i could get a little bit more stopping power up front.

Went to my first autox this past Sunday, definitely figured out what I focusing on with my car and what I'm doing next summer. Anyways, here's a couple pics.