Dyno'd my 06 Civic Si (stock).

SonicK20Z

5+ Year Member
Well, I got within 5 of what I predicted for myself. That being said, I'm not really disappointed. Looking at my A/F it would appear I am running fairly rich? But I definately think it has a little bit of potential... just not real sure what I want to do with the car yet.

Me: 06 Civic Si. Bone Stock.

The peak numbers are what I expected, I am VERY dissapointed with my torque curve (see 115 pre-VTEC). The car really doesn't do much until right at 6k, and you can see the massive dip and spike at crossover. I look foward to Hondata support to help smooth that crossover, and lean it out a little from where it's at (11.5 AFR). Tuning should help tremendously. At least that's what I hope. We shall see.

Videos of runs up later tonight. Nothing special, just a visual and some engine noises. :p

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, not bad numbers... but that xover is killin... i think with the ivtec.. you can't just ease into it..u just have to gun it..

how was it run on the dyno?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really, not bad.... Only a 10% loss to drivetrain and other things....

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
awesome thats better than what I expected. I was expecting to see numbers closer to the dyno fraph of an rsx from jacksonracing.

So according to this our Si's are more powerful stock than a type S.

I know a lot of other factors can effect a dyno run but when the numbers are in my favor I I'll buy it :lol:

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not a bad run but pre-vtec is kinda sad... I hate how it doesnt kick til 6K and red line 8. HP just kept on going up too, hopefully that means with some valvetrain work and some tuning, reving past 8 to maybe 9K RPM will have more power yet!

chinoiswok

Wrench The Kid
5+ Year Member
whoa really nice numbers. alot more than wut i expected. i thought it was gonna be very close to the Type-s.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow the low end is sucky for daily driving. who's gonna rev it past 6k everytime to get the power? but as you said there is alot of tuning to do. a few boltons should take care of the factory richness common in civics. they you can further tune with hondata.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
horsepower is pretty impressive but that torque just sucks

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holy crap, a stock application where lowering the vtec engagement point would benefit performance.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Holy crap, a stock application where lowering the vtec engagement point would benefit performance.
yeah that is what i'm saying.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow we are close in numbers...i dunno if u saw my stock dyno for my lude...u pull out more hp i pull out more torque

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you think it was a good idea to be running your engine on a dyno so early!? Gotta break that thing in right...but just my $.02

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably allready broken in there buddy....

Had it for a good month or more, more then enough miles.... ;)

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
wow the low end is sucky for daily driving. who's gonna rev it past 6k everytime to get the power? but as you said there is alot of tuning to do. a few boltons should take care of the factory richness common in civics. they you can further tune with hondata.
Who needs power for daily driving? Do you really need 170 hp to get up to the speed limit on city street? The reason we have on ramps is to build up speed, and adjust to the highway speed, the reason we have faster cars, if to deal with the assholes who do 35 on the on ramps then continue to do 35 into traffic, then speed up as soon as they are on the highway.

Also, hondata is garbage. Go with aem stand alone, or uberdata.

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Probably allready broken in there buddy....

Had it for a good month or more, more then enough miles.... ;)
I guess so, but he's only had it for 'bout three weeks...that's why I asked...I would never do that.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Also, hondata is garbage. Go with aem stand alone, or uberdata.
What the hell do you base that on? The thousands of people that have it, swear by it, and love it?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Revolver said:
What the hell do you base that on? The thousands of people that have it, swear by it, and love it?
Sure, if you get the full ecu. Hondata chips are useless.