e-bay short shifters?

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i mean is not something necessary so i'll just wait and buy the one is less prone to break obviously instead of being stupid and changing my OEM one for an ebay one that MIGHT break but not because i wanna support anybody das jus dumb i really wanna see the B&M ones for 55 bucks though

ketadotdot

aka babymilo36
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have an ebay one and it still works for me

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I use an OEM GSR dual bend. I love it. OEM quality and $5 cost.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
buy the real thing, support the real companies no the copy cats
They dont support you!

We've al heard the bad things, but no one on here comes ranting on how their short shifter has NOT snapped and its working fine.

If you want, buy a Skunk2. It has nice lettering in which you arent going to see anyways. But ebays are proven to be good for the price.

harne_kyle

5+ Year Member
funy story... i was taking my type r shift knob off and it snapped my shifter... so now i have a make shift short shift =)

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just make your own kiddo. They are easy as hell to make, and only take about an hour tops to make and about 1 or 2 bucks for the supplies.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
They dont support you!

We've al heard the bad things, but no one on here comes ranting on how their short shifter has NOT snapped and its working fine.

If you want, buy a Skunk2. It has nice lettering in which you arent going to see anyways. But ebays are proven to be good for the price.
They do support you by researching and developing new products. Why put money into product development if noone will buy it? Yes, somethings out there have better deals and if that's what you want to spend your money on then go for it. I do it all the time, but if i can afford it then i try to support the brands that are providing quality granted its not ridiculously overpriced.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They do support you by researching and developing new products. Why put money into product development if noone will buy it? Yes, somethings out there have better deals and if that's what you want to spend your money on then go for it. I do it all the time, but if i can afford it then i try to support the brands that are providing quality granted its not ridiculously overpriced.
your right KEYWORD IFFF you can afford it why not.... most of us are on a budget unfortunatelly

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your right KEYWORD IFFF you can afford it why not.... most of us are on a budget unfortunatelly
Agreed. I have a knock off lip. I also have many other knock off parts. I know what you mean about on a budget. There are certain parts that i would NEVER cheap out on for safety sake. A shifter possibly breaking may or may not be a safety issue for some. Overall it sounds like most have had decent experiences with them. I still have my stock shifter until i can find this $55 B&M one. (which i haven't been desperatly looking for either) I have been very temped to buy an ebay one though. I'm just saving up and holding out though.

JDMneeds

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why not just make your own kiddo. They are easy as hell to make, and only take about an hour tops to make and about 1 or 2 bucks for the supplies.
wouldn't u need a tap and die set to make the threads?

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have megan racing one. Works great for me. Only thing i do not like is it hits the exhaust be prepared when you get a short shifter to hit the exhaust.