Ebay d16y7 catalytic converter/manifold CA legal; anyone tried them?

SW20FL

5+ Year Member
My Civic somehow passed smog. It has a crack in the center of the exhaust manifold and a recently new O2 sensor. My Car is unfortunately out of the 150,000 mile warranty too, so I can't get a free manifold/converter.

Has anyone in Cali ever used this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-CAT-96-00-CIVIC-1-6L-CA-APPROVED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33632QQihZ016QQitemZ260248582288QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It looks like a good deal, but I am wondering if these will crack like the Honda manifolds. Has anyone ever used this? Also, would I be able to get away with a stock d16y8 manifold and d16y8 cat on my y7 engine in Cali? Has anybody in Cali with a y7 passed smog with a y8 manifold and cat? My car is 100% stock. Do the y8 manifold crack like the y7 ones?

Thanks

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My Civic somehow passed smog. It has a crack in the center of the exhaust manifold and a recently new O2 sensor. My Car is unfortunately out of the 150,000 mile warranty too, so I can't get a free manifold/converter.

Has anyone in Cali ever used this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-CAT-96-00-CIVIC-1-6L-CA-APPROVED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33632QQihZ016QQitemZ260248582288QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

It looks like a good deal, but I am wondering if these will crack like the Honda manifolds. Has anyone ever used this? Also, would I be able to get away with a stock d16y8 manifold and d16y8 cat on my y7 engine in Cali? Has anybody in Cali with a y7 passed smog with a y8 manifold and cat? My car is 100% stock. Do the y8 manifold crack like the y7 ones?

Thanks
You should be able to rig a y8 exhaust system as long as your extend the o2 sensor to reach the new placements. Than it should work. I don't see why not.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can pass. just get a stock y8 exhaust manifold and cat and extend one of the 02 sensor wire or you can go to password jdm and just get their extender, so you dont have to cut wires.

I did this exact same thing and I pass.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do the y8 manifolds have the cat in the middle of them like the y7's do?

my y7 cracked as well so i said f**k it and bought a DC header because it was about $100 cheaper than getting an oem manifold. i had to have a muffler shop drill a hole and weld a nut onto the header tho for my 2nd o2 sensor. the only shitty thing is now i still need to buy a cat lol.

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
extender

hi i got a 98 dx coupe and i wanted to know where on passwordjdm i can get the extender for my o2 sensor to reach the cat thanks

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ Is it really 150,000? I could have sworn I read that it was lower somewhere... If it actually is 150,000.... then freakin' awesome! I can get mine replaced.

edit: Noticed this thread is kinda old...

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hi i got a 98 dx coupe and i wanted to know where on passwordjdm i can get the extender for my o2 sensor to reach the cat thanks
Just make one yourself. Its not that hard. Look online for connectors and wire and custom make one.