Ebay exhaust and intake

Motaw

So after upgrading my sound system and wheels (which was first on my list), next step is to add in the bolt-ons. I got a SRI and Dc header so far. I made sure to not cheat out on the headers. As for the exhaust, I'm satisfied with how it sounds and would like to keep it that way to avoid un-necessary attention.

So the question is. Can I cheap out on the mid-pipe? I was lurking the forums and everyone's saying the mid pipe is the most restrictive part on our car. But is it ok if I get a knock off down pipe from ebay instead of a 240$ megan downpipe? If I'm going to spend over 200 bucks on a midpipe, I might as well go with the whole system right? or is quality a big deal here.

Same question for the CAI. The SRI seems to be soaking up alot of heat. Right now it has an ebay CAI with k&N filter on it. So would a CAI from ebay be good? Does anyone have it? and has anybody had problems with the fitment.

I'll also be getting the reflash next week to top it all off. See how that goes.

thnx in advance.

techavluis

Registered VIP
i think if you happy with the sound, dont change to mid pipe. you wont gain anything from it. (in fact you may even lose power)

As for CAI vs SRI, your right. The SRI well pull in more hot air. With the CAI you deal with water locking the motor. (altho ive used cai forever and never had anything happen.) As for using ebay, Any cheap intake will work, if it has a k&n your good. If not then just change to filter to an k&n. lol

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a decent ebay exhaust brand is Tsudo and what do you mean by your getting a reflash i hope you don't mean some kind of ebay gimmick.

emerican

Registered VIP
dont change the midpipe as stated you wont gain anything from it and it will change the way it sounds so if you like it dont do it
if you dont like the way it sounds then get a entire cat back system and i would never get an exhaust of ebay the fitment is horrible 99 percent of them sound god awful and they do not last
as far as the intake its really up to you, but a cheap cai probably wont come with a bypass valve so its possible for it to suck water into the motor and hydrolock it. if you want to get a cai either find a cheap one with the valve or buy a name brand one that has one.
also when it comes to any ebay intakes do not use the cheap ass no name filter that comes with it at all. just get a k and n or an aem dryflow and put it on which ever intake you get.

Motaw

Ah ok, thanks fellas, guess I'll just get the full exhaust instead then.

Yea I Think I'll go with the full cold air intake then. My car isn't dropped too low, and It doesn't rain much here in IL. And yes, the first thing I did when I got my ep3 was get a K&N intake for the sri that was in there. I could tell it was a cheap ebay one, the thing was filthy.

This is for an ep3 btw.

And no lol, when I mean reflash, I mean the real legit version of it lol.

EgCivicKid

Intakes aren't too expensive. Like a spectre or AEM are nice because you can get the short ram intake with the filter and the filters last forever. You just have to buy the K&N special soap and clean it and its like brand. It's a dry flow intake for AEM not sure about spectre but you can buy those at your local advanced auto or auto zone and as far as eBay exhaust. I've owned one. Was to raspy or an annoying noise. But after about a year is became raspy. I'd go with a name brand for sure. You'll get a warranty normally and a better noise. And just the fact you're not cheating out on your car.

Motaw

Ah ok thnx will do. But I think I'm gonna have to by the bypass valve separately since it seems that none of these ebay brands have em. And I'll definitely check into those spectre ones at autozone, hopefully they have a full cold air intake of em. thanks for the help.