ECU For B16a2 99-00

Nameyga

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got my swap done and they gave me a P28...I was expecting a P30...feel kinda riped of. Also the p28 limits at 6.5...hate that...My question is does it matter wat ecu i use for that motor...b16a2 99-00 p28 or p30...

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could just get the p28 chipped and raise the redline.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
P28 with a chip for the motor or p30. 99-00 si ecu is harder to tune. Don't you have to get a conversion harness for running a obd2 motor in a obd1 chassis. We should just switch motors :lol: I have a obd1 in a obd2 chassis and you are the other way with a obd2 motor in obd1 chassis. I have a jdm b16a

2quick

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first off the redline on an p28 is 7200

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
WalterRonny said:
me too, but it's a OBD1 stock runing w/ p28 chipped :P

convert to OBD1 and runing with p28 chipped ;)
Thats what I did but don't get a skunk2 chip they SUCK. Making my own chip here soon with the p30 basemaps.

WalterRonny

Amante de los EG's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
Thats what I did but don't get a skunk2 chip they SUCK. Making my own chip here soon with the p30 basemaps.
yep, like i said in other thread.. those ways of chips are suck for your engine.. engines not are the equal.. make your basemap and try to improve it w/ a wideband.

or maybe you can to get some guy from good tuner like Xenocron , or frmo TMTuning or so.. im runing w/ chip tuned by xenocron and run nice.. but i bought already a burner from moates and i will try to make a good map, thought better thing is to make one w/ wideband , i till try to buy one soon!

Nameyga

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya im going down to the shop today...and see if they can hook it up with p30...if not im gona see if I can chip it...unfortunately i am geting a code...my light comes on after the car is really warmed up and the RPM drops...but instead of dropping to like 600-700...it goes to like 100. ANYONE has any Ideas what the f that is...why its dropping so low? HELP