ecu upgrade

rawze

new here. see my post under newbies. is there an ecu upgrade you can get for an automatic d16y8? most upgraded ecu i can find are for manual trannys. ebay has a lot of modified ecu's but they are for stick shifts. on the bad side i have to drive an auto because im on VA disability. dointg a lot of bolt on upgrades but im on a limited budget and can only do a kitlle at a time. i think my car has a stock 56mm tb and was thinking of going to a 65 or 68. would this be a good upgrade? a turbo would be nice but to pricey for me.

rick

mr.nieto

ive askd the same q on the tb and they tell me to get a b16 tb and it will fit wich is 68mm....and bout the ecu im look @ cuz i got a p28 and idk wat or how to tune...its like wer on the same boat....at least now u kno on the tb...ecu idk bout that

bigboy106

i also have an automatic with a d16y8 (1999 honda civic ex) i have only done headers, exhuast, test pipe, and cold air intake, and am looking for ways to make it faster without having to have a manuel because its my moms car she gave me and she wont let me do a 5 speed swap to a car that only has 91xxx miles.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
leave your mom's car how it is and enjoy the fact it has no miles and no issues

jamesthomas

this is same problem i to faced for many years even though their is no solution for this till now so friends plz help me with the best solution to over come my problem.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i also have an automatic with a d16y8 (1999 honda civic ex) i have only done headers, exhuast, test pipe, and cold air intake, and am looking for ways to make it faster without having to have a manuel because its my moms car she gave me and she wont let me do a 5 speed swap to a car that only has 91xxx miles.
how much are you willing to spend?

emerican

Registered VIP
ive askd the same q on the tb and they tell me to get a b16 tb and it will fit wich is 68mm....and bout the ecu im look @ cuz i got a p28 and idk wat or how to tune...its like wer on the same boat....at least now u kno on the tb...ecu idk bout that
b series t-body=60mm

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b series t-body=60mm
Yeah all b series are 60mm besides the ITR which is 62mm. Hell even the S2000 throttle body is only 62mm i believe. What makes you think your stock civic needs a 68mm?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can put the biggest throttle body in the world on your car but it won't do a damn thing because your intake manifold and head can only flow so much