ecu upgrade

KittenTits

I've been looking into ecu upgrades and find myself more and more confused. It appears as though kpro is the best but I could use some help. First, could someone explain the process start to finish for me. Also since I'm driving a 2005 Honda civic si would I really need top of the line? Is just a street car. Been upgrading a bit and it seems the ecu upgrades would make a Big difference. Also should ecu upgrade be the last thing I do? So it can optimize my performance with the upgrades I've already made? Thanks!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First of all i love the username.

Now ecu upgrades really depend on your goals for the car, but kpro is awesome for tuning even a stock car.

KittenTits

I was just reading up on kpro some more and it seems pretty intense. My lack of knowledge would certainly be a problem no? I would love to have two settings. One for performance and one for fuel efficiency. Does that make sense? Just looking to up the performance of the car. Also upgrade and or replace old parts (suspension, brake calipers) before they become a problem.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have it tuned by a shop :what:

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
switching back and forth between fuel efficiency and higher performance would be cool at the flip of a switch but i don't believe thats what Kpro is about. im still waiting for the cadillac technology that allows you to choose between how many cylinders you want to use at any particular moment.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Choosing cylinders is beneficial on a v8. Wouldnt be worth it on a 4 banger...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol. Choosing cylinders is beneficial on a v8. Wouldnt be worth it on a 4 banger...
3 cylinder civic would be slowwwwwwww

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
f**k that, 1 cyl Civic turboed. I would smoke you all. LOL Kpro though man. Any engine mods?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f*** yeah it would be slow but switching to 3 cylinders for a short distance say going to grab some smokes or tooling around town would be beneficial to fuel economy.it may not seem like it but it would be worth it in the long run. the cadillac design was originally a V16 that could be tuned down to a 4 cylinder.

KittenTits

I have an intake, headers, high flow cat, and cat back exhaust. Building NA. planning on getting intake manifold and throttle body in near future. Then I guess upgrade fuel delivery? I guess I'm just intimidated by kpro. I see myself adjusting something and blowing up my engine. In terms of upgrades what else should I be looking at for NA build? Upgrading engine internals necessary? / worth putting the money into?

KittenTits

Guess i'm getting a little off topic. So what are my alternatives to kpro? How are the hand held programers?

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
I know everyone will possible laugh at this question. But since, No one else is responding, I seem to get moderator's attention, and this is slightly related to the topic.

Has anyone tried or know if the OBD 2 plug N play switches or knobs actually give you a slight performance and fuel efficiency gain?

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
If you are that worried about fuel efficiency lay off the gas and drive like an old person

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Neptune, chrome, hondata,
hondata = kpro

and he's in a 2005 civic Si (EP3) so neptune and chrome are out of the question.

hondata and AEM EMS are your tuning choices.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ true i read thru and comment on so many threads i honestly forgot what he was driving
child is right those are your options