eek my exhaust!

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i started my car yesterday morning and it sounded really deep, as though i put a ricey ebay muffler on it. i was like GREAT my exhaust has rusted! so i leave to go pick up a friend, and the piping just detatched from the header, and dragged all the way home. i look under the car, sure enough the exhaust is rusted to s**t. im off to get it fixed monday, how much is it gonna cost me to get it replaced?

Last edited:

Interlinker

THe doctor is in...
5+ Year Member
If you go to the " run of the mill" muffler shop... like Muffler Man around my area... you can get one done for like 150 or 200.... I paid extra for the removal of one big emmission equipment piece...LOL! If you order stainless steel cat back... look for 380 to 1000+ without install... up to you to decide

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1000+ for a catback exhaust? what the f**k are you smoking

munsterEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
1000+ for a catback exhaust? what the f**k are you smoking
You can pay $1000+ for a catback. Jic Magic's stainless catback w/ titanium can for example. Worth it...doubt it.

98civic98

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, my friend paid 1100 for his yashio factory exhaust.

but anyways thanks, i had it put in today. the guy working on my car stole my cell phone, but it should be done tomorrow. so its all good.... sorta...

i paid $387 for all new piping and to have my muffler put on. an okay deal i guess....

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you just got RIPPED off man. lol i can get new piping all bent for 75 bucks at the local muffler shop, plus they can order any muffler you want... so 75 + 150 (max) damn... 387, lol for a few extra bills you could of gotten yourself a complete cat back.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i paid $400 for my invidia catback shipped i say you just got rapped. how did it feel?

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doesnt sound like they used any lube lol. i paid 500 for my Thermal classic...shipped....and i got to use the places lift for an hour to put it on and do some routine maintnence. =)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow dude, that bites. I got a Apexi N1 "style" exhaust off of ebay. doesnt sound too bad, nice and deep, no ricey tones in it at all. I'm happy with it.