eg hatch all clear tails?

Sammy D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys. I know it's been mentioned before, but I haven't seen it recently.

1)Is it legal anywhere to have fully clear taillights?(as pictured)

2)Where can I find said taillights and about how much would they cost?

Also, side note, does anybody know what paint color this is?^^ I think it's sweet.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep in mind that some states are more strict than others, so you may want to ask a local cop you may run into somewhere. In most states, you wont get hassled for non-OEM taillights so long as the brake lights and turn signals light up clearly, day or night. Being clear lenses, they wont illuminate very clearly in daytime unless you fully mod the housings with colored LED tracks. Even if you just upgrade to very bright colored LED bulbs, chances are the brakes will look light pink at best from a modest distance.

I personally wouldnt risk someone behind me not noticing that I brake, potentially causing them to rear-end me. You can technically get the citation for such a collision being that your lights arent clearly visible. In short, clear taillights are not worth the headache.

Sammy D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah you guys are right, this is just a bad idea haha. i'll stick to my stock tails for now. maybe I'll smoke them down the road (which is legal here to an extent, i checked with the state trooper at my school).

thanks guys!