Ej1, help me decide on springs please! Eibach/H&R

95jdmej1

Hey guys, I am having a horribly hard time trying to decide on which springs I would like. I have google image searched every combination of words that I can think of, but keep getting hits for differant cars (vw bmw etc) and mostly the wrong year civic (even though I search for 95 civic, 94 civic, 93 civic etc...All the pics are of the wrong year and/or wrong car and its getting on my nerves.

The springs I am considering (due to the drop I am looking for...dont want to be slammed) are;

H&R OE Sport springs,
H&R Sport springs,
Neuspeed SofSport springs,
Neuspeed Sport springs, and,
Eibach Pro springs.

I am thinking the H&R Sports are probably THE lowest I would like to go, but can not find pictures of 93-95 coupes.

If you have a 92-95 Civic, perferably coupe, please post a pic of your ride height from the side, and tell me your setup. I am having THE HARDEST TIME EVER finding pics of 93-95 Civic coupes on any of these springs. Please help me decide via pictures of the correct car (unlike my google searches showing everything but the car I was searching for....)

Thanks guys!

firejackal

5+ Year Member
If you have the money, always the ideal setup is koni yellows with ground controls. Save up money for coil overs, something you can adjust the ride height without buying new springs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

95jdmej1

If you have the money, always the ideal setup is koni yellows with ground controls. Save up money for coil overs, something you can adjust the ride height without buying new springs.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
First, I do not want to spend that much money for Koni yellows and Ground Controls, as my car is just a DD that never sees the track (overkill imo)

Also, I know if I had Ground Controls, I would always be changing the ride height lol. I am just looking for a simple spring/shock combo that Im not adjusting everyday lol.

95jdmej1

Have you looked here?
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=45207

With 70 pages, I'm sure there are a few people with 5th gens with some of those springs.

What shocks will you be using these springs with?
Yes, I have looked through most of that thread, still trying to make it all the way through. But, ALOT of pics are now dead, most the cars are on coilovers, alot of the springs I am looking for are on cars with 17 or 18" wheels which obviously throw the drop off and ALOT of ppl didnt post their setup, so I find a pic of a civic sitting about where I like, and, "im on xxxx coilovers", or "needs moar low" w.o any description on suspension setup...

Also, while scrolling through a thread about HONDA CIVIC suspension, there is wayyyyyy too much bulls*** talk about Nissan s13's instead of Civic suspension lol.

95jdmej1

Yup, just went through all 70 pages, not one usefull pic.

Can anyone help me please?. When I search for 92 civic xx springs, 93 civic xx springs, 94 civic xx springs or 95 civic xx springs, all I find are 91 and older civics and 96 and newer civic. RARELY will I find 92-95 civic's, but they are never on the springs I search for. Its making me mad how I search for "1995 honda civic eibach pro kit springs" and find every year I am not looking for and find every spring I am not looking for.....

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Full time to find these....less than 5 minutes. On google images...

As you can see, most don't lower much at all as they (from what I have heard) are mostly designed to work with stock shocks.

H&R OE sport

H&R Sport

Eibach

Neuspeed

Last edited:

95jdmej1

I've found a few pics for the H&R Sport springs as you have posted. But, Im pretty sure the first pic is not the OE sport's. Are those Eibach Pro's or Sportline? Seems pretty low for Pro, can only find pics of sport line. Those Neuspeed sports or race?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not going to look them back up again. Sorry. I just typed in what you posted scrolled until I found the right car and that is what was said in the threads or for-sale ads they were posted in.

It feels like you are thinking into this waaaayyyy to much for something that you are just slapping together because it is "just a DD".

I looked through a bunch of pics in the 5 minutes that I was linking those and the drops all look pretty much the same. You aren't going to vary that far with an OEM replacement type spring or springs that are meant to be used with OEM shocks.

95jdmej1

Not going to look them back up again. Sorry. I just typed in what you posted scrolled until I found the right car and that is what was said in the threads or for-sale ads they were posted in.

It feels like you are thinking into this waaaayyyy to much for something that you are just slapping together because it is "just a DD".

I looked through a bunch of pics in the 5 minutes that I was linking those and the drops all look pretty much the same. You aren't going to vary that far with an OEM replacement type spring or springs that are meant to be used with OEM shocks.
I appreciate that you actually looked and linked photos, but I am pretty sure i saw the first pic and it was the Sport springs not the OE. and the pic you labeled eibach looks way to low for pro kit.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you get adjustable coilovers, you should never be constantly adjusting your ride height. Every time you make an adjustment in height, you change the alignment settings. So you'd have to get an alignment every time.. The nice thing about the coilovers is that you can set the height exactly where you want it. With lowering springs you're stuck with what you get and often you'll find one corner orthe front/rear lower than the other which if you're particular about your height, it'll buy the crap out of you.

95jdmej1

If you get adjustable coilovers, you should never be constantly adjusting your ride height. Every time you make an adjustment in height, you change the alignment settings. So you'd have to get an alignment every time.. The nice thing about the coilovers is that you can set the height exactly where you want it. With lowering springs you're stuck with what you get and often you'll find one corner orthe front/rear lower than the other which if you're particular about your height, it'll buy the crap out of you.
I know, Im just saying that with the way I am I'd never be happy and would constantly be raisng or lowering them in tiny increments and still not be happy lol. Plus that is alot of money for a DD that I still want to be somewhat comfy and never sees a track. Maybe if in the future I get a nicer car for my DD I might then upgrade my civic to something more track oriented like coilovers. But for now, I just want a simple drop with standard springs and shocks. Im just stuck between Eibach Pro springs and H&R OE Sport springs (the two I have the hardest time finding pics of). From pics Ive seen the H&R Sport springs (easiest to find pics lol) look a little too low for my taste, but am worried the Eibachs might be too low and H&R OE's might not be low enough lol.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you say you'd be picky with setting the ride height with coilovers, you'll HATE any lowering spring. You could try and go with Progress CS-2, best coilover for the price and if you go with the 350/250 spring rates, the ride will be pretty good.

The "OE" springs companies sell are not worth a damn IMO. They barely drop the car and the rates are super soft. Might as well just keep your stock suspension.. If you don't think the H&R Sports will get you want you want, then go with the EIbach Pro Kit. That's not a very significant drop by any means. If your concern is scraping or w/e, none of those springs will give you a problem. Unless you like flying over speed bumps or up steep driveways.. which you shouldn't be doing anyways..

Trust me, you're making this WAY harder for yourself. Just buy w/e one of those springs you think will work for you or buy some Progress CS-2's and call it a day.