EJ7 : PANDORA [56k-Yes]

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Looking at purchasing this baby here in about a month or so. starting a new job with as much overtime as i want starting at $12.50/hr but still got full time college rolling while finishing my degree shortly. bleh. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30033

note: just realized it's the same swap motor as yours Child. so, i suppose i should ask... does it run well? is it worth getting? especially since its 200 base hp and the thing is only 2,500+shipping.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lets see, first off any Hmotors motor is going to be great. As far as a K swap goes, going with a TSX motor is great if you aren't planning to do a big build internally. I say that because, you'll basically be ripping out and replacing all the things that made that motor expensive in the first place.

The one you listed is a 2007 model so it's the best performer in factory form so I think it's a worthy platform to start with.

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Lets see, first off any Hmotors motor is going to be great. As far as a K swap goes, going with a TSX motor is great if you aren't planning to do a big build internally. I say that because, you'll basically be ripping out and replacing all the things that made that motor expensive in the first place.

The one you listed is a 2007 model so it's the best performer in factory form so I think it's a worthy platform to start with.
Excellent. Then that motor shall be the one in my crosshairs over the next couple months. I might not be installing it myself as this car is also my DD (for now) but my neighbor across the street is friends with our other neighbor who has a shop on the other end of the street. so, discounted labor BIG TIME and hell, i provide beer it makes it even better. Either way, I want to be watching and helping a bit so I can expand my knowledge a bit more.

Thanks for the info on the motor though. Turning an EJ7 into a damn good car will be fun >.<

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Well, things didn't work as far as the job swap. My girlfriends mother may be in charge of the hiring at the semi-conductor cleaning facility and may have offered me 60+ hours starting at $12.50/hr, but company policy wouldn't allow me to work there with my recent felony convictions... So, I'll stick with my detailing business and full-time school for now. K-Swap will be postponed. Boooo, I know.

However, I'll continue to balance my cosmetic and performance upgrades to Pandora over the next year. Just as Child suggested, I'll continue to put my money into maintenance/upgrades for the chassis itself as well as other little long-term things. They may be bolt on's and these little things may not serve a huge purpose yet (such as the short ram) but they do help a little and keep the car ready for that new motor.

In October, I'll be getting a couple small cosmetic things ordered. On top of that, I will be getting the following shoes for my car:

RIMS: DRAG-DR23 : 16X7 4-100 40FB
TIRES: FAULKEN ZEIX ZE-512 : 205/45R-16 XL 87V B

I wanted some rims that weren't "cheap" but also weren't over-priced. They also needed to have that wide-spoke look... Something with more surface width. The tires aren't the greatest brand, and I wanted to go with Yokohama but I'm keeping the budget down for a bit. I got a lot of house projects going on too and it sucks the money dry from me.

Until then, I'll just keep her maintained and continue to go about cleaning various parts under the hood and under the body of the car.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sorry to hear about the job falling through. Felonies are a b***h. My sister's a two time felon so I know how it can be. Keep your head up bro, we all make mistakes.

aeraiva

Dedicated Civic Owner
Sorry to hear about the job falling through. Felonies are a b****. My sister's a two time felon so I know how it can be. Keep your head up bro, we all make mistakes.
amen man, always gotta keep my head up :cool: my business is good but it IS a bummer not being able to get handed all these jobs that everyone else complains "don't exist". cause the economy is just "in shambles"... right? lol

anyways, yeah, you're right, we all make mistakes. we all have a past. cheers