Ej8 Vs Gti

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGw5AF00xk

I ran one of my freinds that has a 5 Speed 99 GTI 2.0 on a basically abandon road and the highway. They brought the video camera thinking they would walk me but yeahh haha. Its funny listening to their comments because they are all about VW and American cars. sorry for the bad quality.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
good race man i'm surprised that you whooped your friend car ass for being a 1.6 versus a 2.0 turbo (correct me if i'm wrong with the 1.6 displacement) and next time don't use the hazard light it reminds me of ricers

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice

man when are people gonna stop recoding stuff off their tv?! lol

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the 2.0's are the worst engine vw has ever made. That is why you dont see them in any audi's. not to mention the MKIV body's are maddd heavy for that lil 115hp engine. glad that you beat him bro..!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**ken vr6's and 1.8t's are slow not to mention their n/a 2.0's :lol:

good kill tho, I guess :thumbs up

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i had a 2.0 97 vw jetta

and it was the slowest pos i have ever had.......wayyyyyyyyyy slower than a sohc

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they talk smack about you and there ur friends its a good thing u whooped them....sohc FTW

missmyH

@$$h0Le
5+ Year Member
Thats one of the many reasons i dont like vw's, slooooow!! next time u should make it fair and put 10 cement blocks in the trunk and diconnect one of your spark plugs.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha he said he could beat me from a highway pull if we kept going, I know he couldent because hes goverend less then 120. Theres another one of my freinds with a 4 door 2.0 golf. with a intake and exhaust. They both are saying he will beat me easily and wants to run on a local dragway. hopefullly ill have another vid of my sohc walking a vw.

fitbmx1986

speed safely
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow i was under the impression that gtis were quick for some reason. i guess pretty much any b swapped civic would destroy them

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
that must have been a slow ass car because you dont have much just intake and exhaust on a single cam

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The 1.8T actually has a lot of potential....and the their blocks can take up to 400hp with stock internals.