Ek coupe build. **From rags to riches**

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna use a razor blade. i used a heating gun to get them off but it got cold as hell outside so imma finish tomorrow. and the exhaust isnt a knock off. its 100% megan racing. my car is a dx. every exhaust i tried to buy for a dx in every brand was on backorder or sold out. so i the exhaust i got is for a ex so i had to get a test pipe for it to fit. the middle pipping is on backwards so the black rubber thing is on the other side of the exhaust. we were in a hurry and it was 1am when we were putting it on. im gonna switch around before i get the exhaust raised.

and i cant lower it anymore. the steeliles are 14s and the exhaust is even lower now lol. once my rims get in im slamming the hell out of it but not as low as it will go so i can beat you this spring. and yes only 7 in 4 years lol. soon to be 8.
a razor blade should do the trick without a heat gun, i just took some off friday. there might be some residue left but a good wash should remove it. I always considered megan racing to be a knock off compared to apexi, hks, etc. I have a dx too, i had to convert also. got a brospeed header, magnaflow high flow cat, and a custom made exhaust. kinda sucks having my cat under the car though. got destroyed and has a rattle in it now.

hey now, this competition has to be a daily driving height or thats just cheating. so you might as well crank it. i mean if we are doing pic only heigh, well then thats just silly. its like a lowest car contest between bags, just dumb lol where you see me in the spring, thats where ill be driving it daily and a few hundred miles per week. i wish i did better with wheels. im going on 11 in two =(

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im gonna use a razor blade. i used a heating gun to get them off but it got cold as hell outside so imma finish tomorrow. and the exhaust isnt a knock off. its 100% megan racing. my car is a dx. every exhaust i tried to buy for a dx in every brand was on backorder or sold out. so i the exhaust i got is for a ex so i had to get a test pipe for it to fit. the middle pipping is on backwards so the black rubber thing is on the other side of the exhaust. we were in a hurry and it was 1am when we were putting it on. im gonna switch around before i get the exhaust raised.

and i cant lower it anymore. the steeliles are 14s and the exhaust is even lower now lol. once my rims get in im slamming the hell out of it but not as low as it will go so i can beat you this spring. and yes only 7 in 4 years lol. soon to be 8.
There is zero difference between ex and dx exhaust, just so u know. The same goes with integra(which is what I'm running-full gsr exhaust from header back) on coupes. The only difference in civic exhausts is if for coupe or hatch.

This is a prime example of when sometimes OEM is best.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Redcoupeson

a razor blade should do the trick without a heat gun, i just took some off friday. there might be some residue left but a good wash should remove it. I always considered megan racing to be a knock off compared to apexi, hks, etc. I have a dx too, i had to convert also. got a brospeed header, magnaflow high flow cat, and a custom made exhaust. kinda sucks having my cat under the car though. got destroyed and has a rattle in it now.

hey now, this competition has to be a daily driving height or thats just cheating. so you might as well crank it. i mean if we are doing pic only heigh, well then thats just silly. its like a lowest car contest between bags, just dumb lol where you see me in the spring, thats where ill be driving it daily and a few hundred miles per week. i wish i did better with wheels. im going on 11 in two =(
well the exhaust i ordered first was a hks hi power exhaust. and then elite called me and said they were going under so they ordered me a apexi n1 exhaust. but that got backordered for 6 weeks because of the stupid ass dx exhausts were out of stock. so i just got a megan racing. i mean it sounds excellent and looks great. i coudnt be happier with it.

and the competition my slammed will be daily driven. the roads here arent bad at all so it will be slammed to the ground daily. dont worry

Redcoupeson

There is zero difference between ex and dx exhaust, just so u know. The same goes with integra(which is what I'm running-full gsr exhaust from header back) on coupes. The only difference in civic exhausts is if for coupe or hatch.

This is a prime example of when sometimes OEM is best.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
no there is a difference in the ex and dx exhaust. the catalytic converter are located in different places. if i wouldnt have ordered the test pipe for my exhaust and just got an ex exhaust it wouldnt have reached the headers. thats like a foot gap between them.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For 28 years now, yes.

That exhaust shop is blowing smoke up your *ss, seriously. Tell me what they would cut and reweld to make it hang closer to the frame exactly w/o being ghetto?

What's your header/exhaust again? Yup..too lazy to go back a page. :oops:
no there is a difference in the ex and dx exhaust. the catalytic converter are located in different places. if i wouldnt have ordered the test pipe for my exhaust and just got an ex exhaust it wouldnt have reached the headers. thats like a foot gap between them.
I meant after market with header. The link you displayed is stock. I'm not running a test pipe on my DX. It's a GReddy header to GSR exhaust.

Redcoupeson

I meant after market with header. The link you displayed is stock. I'm not running a test pipe on my DX. It's a GReddy header to GSR exhaust.
the aftermarket is different also. i have an aftermarket exhaust for an ex on my car. w/o the test pipe the exhaust wont reach the headers. the c.c. on a stock exhaust for a dx is in the headers. the c.c. on a stock exhaust on a ex is after the headers. therefore if you get an aftermarket for an ex and put on a dx you need that test pipe where the c.c. on the stock exhaust would be. understand?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the aftermarket is different also. i have an aftermarket exhaust for an ex on my car. w/o the test pipe the exhaust wont reach the headers. the c.c. on a stock exhaust for a dx is in the headers. the c.c. on a stock exhaust on a ex is after the headers. therefore if you get an aftermarket for an ex and put on a dx you need that test pipe where the c.c. on the stock exhaust would be. understand?
I know exactly what you're saying, and like I said, I too have a DX, I know where the cat is and the o2 sensors. :smackself

Just nevermind....you aren't understanding.

Redcoupeson

I know exactly what you're saying, and like I said, I too have a DX, I know where the cat is and the o2 sensors. :smackself

Just nevermind....you aren't understanding.
hahahaha im just saying.. they are different lol. but it doesnt matter..only thing that matters right now is how in the hell imma fit 15x9 0 offset on my car w/o alot of camber

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Must be nice to have nice roads, PA roads are rated some of the worst

hahahaha im just saying.. they are different lol. but it doesnt matter..only thing that matters right now is how in the hell imma fit 15x9 0 offset on my car w/o alot of camber
i know what he is saying, after market dx exhaust are slightly longer. has to make up for the cat difference

its going to take a long of rolling and pulling and camber if you want them on and to go low. and lots of stretch.

wide + low = camber needed

95 modified

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice clean ride just don't like the rims. dropped really low Nice.

Redcoupeson

Must be nice to have nice roads, PA roads are rated some of the worst

i know what he is saying, after market dx exhaust are slightly longer. has to make up for the cat difference

its going to take a long of rolling and pulling and camber if you want them on and to go low. and lots of stretch.

wide + low = camber needed

oh i know..they will be stretched alot. and it will be lower than u =)

Redcoupeson

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member