EK Coupe Rear Seats? Clarification Needed Please

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:deadhorse2: I know

I want different rear seats, cloth (I hate leather) and functional, not just jammed in for looks.

After days of searching and attempting to sort through the misinformation and trying to make sense of what people say they have done to their own cars (But strangely have NEVER posted photos of), I'm hoping I can get some clarification on...

What rear seats will fit in a 96-2000 Civic Coupe?

Things I know: They are a "60/40" split, instead of the traditional 50/50. This makes them a pain in the rear to find replacements for.

What I think I may have deciphered from sites reading, but providing no real facts or photos:
* 2dr Integra seats are too short up top, also 50/50, I imagine the release will not match properly. HOWEVER, I'm told the BOTTOMS will fit and leave a small gap on the sides towards the edge of the seat?
* 4dr Integra seats are supposed to fit, but no one seems to have a photo of an install or end results. I have sourced the rear seats and the tops look WAAAY too wide. I know the seat split is lost up top. but I'm not terribly worried about that.
* EM1 seats appear to be the choice of swap for the rears, but seem incredibly hard to find...

Every single thread I've seen saying "ITR rears in an EK" just end up pointing to a hatchback, which are not the same.

Do I need to mix and match Integra Type R seats to get them to fit? Kinda seems like what I'm finding out. Does anyone have more info on this? I haven't been able to figure out if it's 4dr tops and 2dr bottoms, or the other way around.

Also, are there seats that I can just pull the cloth covers off and redo my current seats?

Any information is appreciated, photos of what you got, or DIY threads I may have somehow missed, and maybe we can figure out the correct way to do it? I also promise any result we can come to, I'll photo document every part of the install! :lol:

Didn't think to look NEWER, but it's apparent that 06-09 Si sedan rear seats need very little modification to bolt into an EK coupe? Anyone have more information on that?

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2900137

Last edited by a moderator:

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anything? Anyone find information I may have missed, at some point? Or have seen this done?

Looking at a full 4dr Si seat layout for a pretty good price in mint condition and was curious before I pull the trigger on it.