Ek fogs on eg8 sedan ????

bassyguitar

Hi I've seen a few pics with ppl who had ek fogs on a eg sedan
Is this an easy install ? I have the Jdm eg oem style fogs on my eg right now but they are eBay and they broke..

So I'd like to see what ppl say about having those ek fogs on the eg and is it harder or what ever.
Also some pics or websites to get them would be appreciated thanks!

❤

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and you've seen pictures of them on a 92-95 sedan? Can you post of pic? All the pics I've seen of EG with EK style fogs, couldn't tell if was coupe, hatch, or sedan (but because of the bumper, assumed they were hatch or sedan)

For EG fogs for sedan, best pricing I've seen was with K2motor.com, and from articles/builds I've read they seem to be pretty comprehensive kits.
How difficult was it to install the ones you got from ebay?

marneli10

Registered VIP
I have ek fogs on my eg hatch but I have the 99-00 ones which are you refering to ill try posting a pik

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, that's what I thought. The opening in the bumper cover different between sedan and the 2/3 doors. I can see how 99-00 EK similar and might fit in the EG openings for 2/3 doors, but don't see how would work with sedan without a bunch of modification.

bassyguitar

No i dont have any pics thats why i posted this lol. But yes i think id have an easier time installing them on my sedan vs the 2/3 door.

The ebay company i got the fogs from was k2.... Very dissapointing.. It wasnt very hard given there was no instructions... But i do caution that any one getting wire stuff from ebay double check thr polarity n stuff before u install, mearly burnt my car down..

Anyways back to topic fellars., any news or pics of the ek fogs lol ? I love how big they are and they would be perfect with hids.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
disappointed to hear it was K2motors. Read an install article in Project Car, and it seems the kit they used from K2 was complete, though it WAS a later model Civic they used (06 maybe?)

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as far as the pics...
I know you asked for pics of them and where to find them, but you also stated you'd already SEEN some pics of them on EGs, so thought maybe you were just asking for MORE. My mistake

bassyguitar

I thimk im just gonna go ahead n take a gamble n buy a ek square set of fogs off ebay... Ill do a vid or instruction thing if it works lol.

Wat u guys think !?

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In my search for images, I DID see the square fogs, but also saw the later ones that look a lot like our EG fogs. I agree, those square type that sit just on the inside of the bumper opening is sexy as hell, so I can see why you'd want to work those into the setup.

marneli10

Registered VIP
I couldnt post a pik because my fones actn gay my bad for the late reply but if you click on my user name and c my piks I hav sum of how day luk on my eg but I hav 99-00 on tho it was kinda hard at first because I didnt want to over cut but if you do it takeing your time u can do it as far as u putn the ones that go inside the bumper I should be easyr to do so post up some piks ones youv installd them