eK4TheWin's 2000 Hatch Build Thread (My First Ever)

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
I have NEVER started my own project like this before. I have helped my pals out with their builds and all that good stuff. But now that I have a job and am doing pretty well at keeping my bills in check, I thought I would finally get serious about my own car. So lemme start off by introducing myself.

My name is Carlos. I loved Civic rice when I was a little kid. I think everyone does when they're kids, what with the Hot Wheels and all that lol. I've been a pretty serious Honda fanatic for about 6 years now. My mechanical knowledge is a little better than moderate but by no means expert. So if you have questions, I will help out as best as I can. Most of everything I know, I have learned by personal hands-on. You will be seeing alot of that here.

The Car: 2000 Civic CX Hatchback. This car has been in the family since 1999 @ 0 miles. It is completely virgin, never had mods of any kind. I bought it this past July with 150K on it for $2,000. Besides a leak at the distributor seal, everything is A+ including the interior. Gotta love family discounts :D lol

The Game Plan: Something that is fun to drive. A clean ride with about 250 whp. Not too adamant about authenticity unless quality/fitment matters.

Major Plans:
-Type R front lip and rear lip
-Seeker v2 rear wing (suuuper expensive, so any help on locating a REAL one for a good price is greatly appreciated!!)
-Gunmetal housing headlights
-Complete respray. Same color VSM
-Rear disc conversion
-Of course, Engine Swap. Boost is a must!

There are many minor things that will be happening as well but I'm sure you're sick of reading. So please subscribe if ur interested in following this thread because I welcome and encourage ALL input and opinion. Please be respectful of other members and for goodness sake, no stupid sh**. We like for ppl who talk like they know, to actually know what they are talking about. So if ur going to refute something that a senior member has said, back it up with a link or something.

If I start to get lazy about pictures, PLEASE ride me about it. I want people to be inspired by the thread, use it for their own builds, and to have fun watching it! Thanks!!

Pics coming soon, I'm having a hard time with those at the moment.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
welcome, post the pics to like photobucket.com, then get the

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Why are you having problem with pics

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I did that before and forgot how to do it since its been awhile. Anyways, pics will be going up tomorrow.

Failsafe, for some reason I cannot use the uploader provided on this website, which is why I think that I used a different method to post pics before.

Thanks Redline for reminding me how to do it. Like I said, its a looong while lolol

Stick around Mymmeryloss. Pics coming up tomorrow without fail lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the tips guys. I think I did that before and forgot how to do it since its been awhile. Anyways, pics will be going up tomorrow.

Failsafe, for some reason I cannot use the uploader provided on this website, which is why I think that I used a different method to post pics before.

Thanks Redline for reminding me how to do it. Like I said, its a looong while lolol

Stick around Mymmeryloss. Pics coming up tomorrow without fail lol
In for pics! :popcorn:

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
Alright guys! Thanks for your patience adn all your help! These are pictures of the car from July when I first bought it.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
I like the wheels on the front
Thanks! The paint was actually super crappy when I got the car. Chips, fading, etc. I am currently stripping the paint off. I will be posting pics soon. The next set of pics (coming later tonight) will hopefully have the exposed wiring inside all gone and those FUGLY fogs will be gone too lol. Other things currently being done is the trim pieces. They are faded as well. Painting them over with Trim Paint until I have enough money saved up for the full respray

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
im jealous. clean
Pretty clean man i like it.
How do you plan on making that hp goal??
Thanks guys! I appreciate everybody taking a look, It feels awesome to have some supporters n followers lol. This thread is gonna get pretty interesting soo be ready haha.

Emerican: I plan on doing the infamous LS/VTEC setup. I will be taking my time on this build since I think spending the extra to make a clean, mechanically sound build is better than smoking up the street lol. I will be equipping a block guard on it for the turbo. I'm planning on 10 lbs. I will be dropping that setup on a LS tranny. Gotta have some long gears to enjoy that power with lol.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
A built ls/v turbo at 10lbs should net u more than 250 at the wheels. Clean start. I thought the front wheels were just covered in brake dust...but are they painted?

emerican

Registered VIP
I agree havent seen any dyno numbers on it, but id think depedning on the set up tune and supporting mods youd be at more than 250.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
Lets get this shït started eh?
HYFR x2

A built ls/v turbo at 10lbs should net u more than 250 at the wheels. Clean start. I thought the front wheels were just covered in brake dust...but are they painted?
From what I have seen, you are absolutely right about that. And as for the wheels, they were painted by the rims' original owner in bronze. I dont know what color do paint them in yet, but i'll have it done by the next two weeks.

I agree havent seen any dyno numbers on it, but id think depedning on the set up tune and supporting mods youd be at more than 250.
Yes, you're right. I've got a friend that I helped build his own LS/VTEC. He's running a GSR head and also has his setup on an LS tranny. All stock internals, block guard, 12 lbs. He says that he dyno'd @ 295 first run, 300 on the second run. Tuning was not super aggressive. This is all hearsay but those numbers seem to fit. I'm gonna try to get his dyno's if he still has them and I'll look more into it.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
So my clutch finally gave up on this walk of life. It seemed timely since it was carrying every last original mile since the car left the lot. It has never been changed lol. So I just swung by my local and picked up a Stage 2 Competition Clutch for $200 and a Honda flywheel for $75. I will be doing the work this Saturday. For those of you who want to know how to DIY, I did my first install following this great DIY. http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/do-it-yourself/139802-civic-flywheel-clutch-install-58-pics.html. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to play on the safe side and torque the plate and discs instead of simply using the impact gun. I have seen some ugly things. As fate would have it, Image Shack is not doing anything at all past the login screen tonight :x I will have to wait til tomorrow to try and post more pics :(