Elise: B18C5 ??

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I heard somewhere that you had a C5 in your EX. How'd that work out? Can you give a review of the install and driving experience?

elise

jdmBITCH!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes i have the ITR motor in my car, but the code it b18c (they dont use numbers in japan just to let you know)

but anyway.. I LOVE IT! I ordered the complete 1999 JDM ITR motor and lsd tranny swap from Honda Motors Online and recieved it with in a week. I was sooo excited! EXCEPT - Steve sent me a 97' itr instead of the 99... which really sucked because now we had to do more wiring.. 96-97 are obd2a 98-2001 is obd2b (i think) .. my civic was obd2b SO IT WOULD have been easier to of had him send me the correct s**t! but anyway

So, since the mounts that came with the engine wouldnt work, i ordered 99-00 tranny, drivers side and some other bracket mount in order for it to bolt in.
I really cant say much about the wiring because i had one of the guys i work with do all of it cuz he knows his s**t.
We also converted it to manual transmission since it was automatic......

The motor is clean as hell.. the tranny has no grinds, no leaks, didnt throw ANY codes.. and.. it just looks like it was made for the car =)

And let me tell you.... it hauls ass. when vtec hits, it f**kin pulls hard! god i love it..

UGH id write more but i gotta get to bed! hehehe...
maybe if anyone has questions, feel free to ask.. cuz alot went into the swap (but it wasnt too difficult) and.. yeah =) <3

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by elise
... i ordered 99-00 tranny ...
I'm assuming that's a 99-00 ITR tranny? Or was it an EM1 tranny?

So it doesn't just bolt on, I guess you'd need all new mounts.

I'm thinking about a C5 at overhaul. Which may be a couple of years from now. Maybe longer. Dunno yet. I want NA power and I want a strong engine pushing around 200hp stock.

But like you, even though I live in CA, I don't have to worry about emissions. Car's registered in OR. Hopefully the engine prices will go down in a couple of years.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need to get some pics elise....how much did you pay for the swap if ya dont mind?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont think prices will change very much in time, because honda is no longer making b series motors the supply will continue to dwindle. but on the other hand, now that it is out of production, aftermarket companies like dart are making crate motors which are tuned to either n/a or fi. right now they are very expensive (i believe the dart swap is like 10 grand or so) but its pretty much better than anything stock honda- 2.1liters, all forged internals, sleeves, etc. basically a completely brand new built motor.

elise

jdmBITCH!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Y21 tranny = ghey!!

did the tranny come with your motor???

how much did the whole swap cost?

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i only bought long block and it was $3000. you might find it from 2700-3000 or slse where but i don't know where

elise

jdmBITCH!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the USDM (US spec) Integra type r engine code is b18c5
the JDM (Japan spec) Integra type r is just b18c [no numbers]
it is also sometimes refered to as b18c-r
[but the 'R' is not stamped into the block]

the USDM GSR is b18c1

the JDM GSR is b18c (same as the ITR - not sure why they did this) One main visual way to tell them apart : Intake manifold/throttle body. GSRs come with a p72 ecu - while the ITR is p73.....

i dunno if that makes sence or helps at all but yeah.. lol

Eg_Project

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn elise your a hardcore girl racer...where did you get the money?????

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by elise
the USDM (US spec) Integra type r engine code is b18c5
the JDM (Japan spec) Integra type r is just b18c [no numbers]
it is also sometimes refered to as b18c-r
[but the 'R' is not stamped into the block]

the USDM GSR is b18c1

the JDM GSR is b18c (same as the ITR - not sure why they did this) One main visual way to tell them apart : Intake manifold/throttle body. GSRs come with a p72 ecu - while the ITR is p73.....

i dunno if that makes sence or helps at all but yeah.. lol
hehe i was asking the other guy what his was...he said b18c...and i wanted to know whether it was gsr or itr, for that price i was just curious

rcya2

5+ Year Member
Im getting the whole 97 b18c type r swap from hmotorsonline shipped for $4,650 and i cant wait to get it i really wish i knew people who had it ive been in a honda with a b18c1 and i loved that so im sure ill love the type r even more and i hvae a 97 coupe so it should just go right in but anyways sounds like some fun s**t cant wait till i order mine

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
God, why did you bring up this OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ass thread?

B16A2_CIVIC

Think. Feel. Drvie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shogun said:
God, why did you bring up this OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ass thread?
:werd: this damn thread is like 3 years old wow

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
elise said:
Yes i have the ITR motor in my car, but the code it b18c (they dont use numbers in japan just to let you know)

but anyway.. I LOVE IT! I ordered the complete 1999 JDM ITR motor and lsd tranny swap from Honda Motors Online and recieved it with in a week. I was sooo excited! EXCEPT - Steve sent me a 97' itr instead of the 99... which really sucked because now we had to do more wiring.. 96-97 are obd2a 98-2001 is obd2b (i think) .. my civic was obd2b SO IT WOULD have been easier to of had him send me the correct s**t! but anyway
My ITR engine is a 99 to.. its Canadian not JDM