Engine Bay Suggestions/Ideas

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fuuuuuuuuck, truth is, it looks like s**t! but i like how you are making an effort to fix it up. As mention above, Fixed that cancer (rust). buy some chemical s**t and wipe that s**t off, degrease in DETAIL your engine bay, use at least 3 types of brushes, including a tootbrush. dont be afraid to take off parts. also if there is any oil leaks due to poor gaskets, fix them. also, dont be afraid to replace any of the parts in the bay. i would suggest to paint the HONDA lettering on the valve cover black. make it pop up and blend with the surroundings. also clean the hood. looks like a couple of days work, good luck.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you paint the parts with them still in the bay and not taken out?

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you paint the parts with them still in the bay and not taken out?
lol, i noticed that too. definitely take a step back homie. you are jumping waaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. frankly, its looking worse.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
whats with the uh.... vacuum tube....running from the air filter *scratching head*

anyways man, theres A LOT to be done there before you go painting things. You really need to patch up that rust and kill that bay with some purple power and wd like other's have stated. It won't cost you much but it will take some elbow grease. THEN go to town with however you want to paint it

best of luck to you

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LMFAO!...Wow your a d**k lol...

^WOW you just joined the site and have 2 post.........shouldnt be name calling so soon!
OP Simple Green works wonders. Just be very cautious were you use it. U can search the forum for some very good details of how you can go about doing so

GuttaGutta JDM

Ok im no expert but i have already posted a thread askign the same and if you see the comments and seen how mine would turn out maybe it will help you out more. we have the same engine but my civic is a 94

GuttaGutta JDM

LMFAO!...Wow your a d**k lol...

^WOW you just joined the site and have 2 post.........shouldnt be name calling so soon!
OP Simple Green works wonders. Just be very cautious were you use it. U can search the forum for some very good details of how you can go about doing so
aha agree and simple green does work very good, thats what i used CHILD told me about in my last forum but he didnt say too be careful where you put it. what would you do if your not carefull of where you put it?

GuttaGutta JDM

Fuuuuuuuuck, truth is, it looks like s***! but i like how you are making an effort to fix it up. As mention above, Fixed that cancer (rust). buy some chemical s*** and wipe that s*** off, degrease in DETAIL your engine bay, use at least 3 types of brushes, including a tootbrush. dont be afraid to take off parts. also if there is any oil leaks due to poor gaskets, fix them. also, dont be afraid to replace any of the parts in the bay. i would suggest to paint the HONDA lettering on the valve cover black. make it pop up and blend with the surroundings. also clean the hood. looks like a couple of days work, good luck.
agree agree agree AGREE.. everything this fool just said is everything i was thinking. your letters need too be black or white or even silver, any color but it needs a different color, it does look very back in fact it looks worse than what mine did aha so you gottta love that thing and clean it. second day i had my car i went out took the hood off took the battery out unbolted all types of ish and cleaned that trick, inside and out that thats what you need too do. THEN PAINT ISH then take it for a ripp =)

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats with the uh.... vacuum tube....running from the air filter *scratching head*

anyways man, theres A LOT to be done there before you go painting things. You really need to patch up that rust and kill that bay with some purple power and wd like other's have stated. It won't cost you much but it will take some elbow grease. THEN go to town with however you want to paint it

best of luck to you
its suppose to help direct air to the filter..im guessing it goes to the front end somewhere where air can flow through the hose easily