Engine idle problem

mikexiong

I've done a lot of researching and couldn't find answers to my fuel injector problems. First of all, my idle is really rough and will stall sometimes too. I haven't cleaned my iacv yet, but i will do that tomorrow. i did a test on my fuel injectors. I pulled each fuel injector connector out one at a time to see if there is a change in idle. injectors for cylinder 3 and 4 caused the engine to die when the connectors are pulled off. injectors for cylinder 1 and 2 barely change in idle at all. I dont know what situation i have here. I tried using some injector cleaner, and helped a little bit, but the rough idle still exists. One more thing...when decelerating, the engine will shake a lot like its lacking fuel or something. accelerates fine, but engine shakes when decelerating. Somebody please help.

emerican

Registered VIP
i would clean or replace the iacv and seafoam your fuel system first and then see where you are at before you start messing with the injectors.
if i where you unless you just did it i would also do a full tune up on it. oil, plugs,wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter,clean or change air filter

mikexiong

I've done a full tune up not too long ago. I did happen to mess up on my timing and had starting problems, but now my timing is correct. I'm just curious if my fuel filter has been affected because i started my car so many times to get my timing correct. I will buy that today and see if it works. I have not done a sea foam treatment because I don't know if it is safe for the engine at such a high mileage. My engine is roughly around 200k miles. I've heard stories where sea foam treatment will only cause more problems because the

emerican

Registered VIP
lmk if the fuel filter helped
if you dont like sea foam just use gumout or one such as that
are you positive your timing is correct

RonJ

Banned
What car do you have?

Any CEL codes?

A test that you can do is to remove the fuel rail with the injectors and crank the engine to see whether each injector sprays fuel. But if your engine is accelerating fine, your injectors are probably okay.