engine removal w/o tranny 95dx

PanamasFinest

Like the title says is what im trying to do (engine removal w/o tranny) I'm trying to see if anyone here has done it. Ive read many engine removal threads and I know that removing tranny and motor together would be easier. I'd do it if it was easy to do, but I dont wanna waste another day dealing with these damn axle nuts (ive done all the bs heating, buying breaker bar 32mm socket, wd40) , I wouldve rather spent that time getting and engine out and struggling to get one in. So, if i unbolt the engine would I need to put a jack or something under the tranny, i have a cherry picker and i plan on using that. Is there enough room to seperate the engine from the input shaft?

James315

Yes you would need to support the tranny but your still going to have to pull atleast the pasenger axle to move the tranny away from the motor and even then im doubt it would move far enough its gonna be easier to just pull both.

PanamasFinest

im asking a question i feel i already know the answer to... is there anyway around these axle nuts. its the only damn thing stopping me from swapping engines.

RonJ

Banned
Did you raise the axle nut locking tab? If so, cut the damn axle nuts off.

PanamasFinest

yeah i raised the tab. hopefully when i go buy the nut splitter it will work... damn, why does simple s**t always turn into a nightmare.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can also pull the whole passenger's side knuckle assembly and leave the axle nut intact. its a good time to replace the ball joints and bleed your brakes anyway.