engine sluggish

mikexiong

d16y8 engine starts up every time and idles perfectly. Revs good and loud. once engine warms up and i drive, the engine seems to lack power or something is holding my car back. First gear pulls, but once i shift into the higher gears, then the engine seems sluggish even when i full throttle. I've tried fuel injector cleaners, but didnt do it. I was guessing it mite be the fuel filter. does anyone have any suggestions or idea wat might be the cause of this problem. Its not a really huge problem rite now, but would really like to get to the bottom of this sluggish engine. Thnkx.

emerican

Registered VIP
Any cel?
When was the last tuneup done?
i mean full tuneup spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button, fuel filter, oil change, all fluids flush and replace, clean/change air fitlter, clean tbody. run another fuel inejctor cleaner bottle threw it just to be sure and there only like 10 bucks lol. All of these things are cheap and easy and if werent done recently would need to be done anyway so i would start there personally.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any cel?
When was the last tuneup done?
i mean full tuneup spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor button, fuel filter, oil change, all fluids flush and replace, clean/change air fitlter, clean tbody. run another fuel inejctor cleaner bottle threw it just to be sure and there only like 10 bucks lol. All of these things are cheap and easy and if werent done recently would need to be done anyway so i would start there personally.
This man speaks tha truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikexiong

Well, I havent install vtec yet and i have a cell for vtec oil pressure. Does that affect the sluggish performance? I haven't changed my fuel filter, and i bought these cheap spark plug wires too so idk if that would affect too. I got new ngk spark plugs, new cold air intake, and all new fluids because i swapped d16y8 motor.