Engine stalling. Replaced a few parts already but still can't fix, Any Ideas?

e5or

I drive an automatic, 2000 Civic DX, I've owned it for a year, all stock from what I can tell except for an aftermarket exhaust. From what I know it was in a front end collision before I bought it. I've always had idling issues, there would be surging and a bit of a throttle lag. I've since done a small tuneup and replaced the spark plugs, distributor cap, and fuel filter. I plan to do a timing belt/water pump replacement soon because I can tell the belt is very worn. Somewhat recently I had been experiencing a complete engine stall, occurring usually when the AC was on but it stalled when the AC was off as well. The engine would sputter and unless i pumped the gas continuously, it'd stall completely. I replaced the fuel pump and after that, the engine stalls stopped dramatically- but not completely. I had no CEL but I assumed since it was still idling funny anyway, maybe the IAC was going. A little while later a CEL popped up and threw a P0505 code so I replaced the IAC. Yesterday I drove all over with the AC on no problems, though i have noticed there seems to be an increasing throttle lag. Today I was driving with the AC on and the engine stalled. I turned the car off and back on to reset the computer, the car kinda misfired a lot and the engine stalled again. It took a few restarts to get driving again. If i would stop at a light, it'd stall. It almost felt like I had to keep the RPM's at a certain point to prevent a stall. I kept the AC off because that seemed to make things worse, if I idle with the AC on the car would misfire a lot. I have also noticed an intermittent high-pitched squeaky noise on while driving, it seems to come from under the hood but I can't really tell in the driver's seat. The only other thing I can possibly think of right now is a vacuum leak but, with no CEL on at the moment to point to any specific cause, i'm running out of ideas.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

RonJ

Banned
Why didn't you also replace the spark plug wires and rotor?

RonJ

Banned
Does the engine have a low idle? Have you tried to adjust the idle as per the service manual?

Have you checked the ignition timing with a timing light?

e5or

Does the engine have a low idle? Have you tried to adjust the idle as per the service manual?

Have you checked the ignition timing with a timing light?

I don't have a low idle last I checked. I'm not sure how I would check the ignition timing as I don't have a timing light..

RonJ

Banned
Timing lights are relatively inexpensive (~$30) or you can rent one (free) at chain auto parts stores.

e5or

Timing lights are relatively inexpensive (~$30) or you can rent one (free) at chain auto parts stores.
I'll check into renting one, can you think of any other possibilities for this issue? I don't have a lot of time to go back and forth with troubleshooting so I'd rather check multiple things in one shot, ultimately I need a reliable car that doesn't randomly breakdown :roll: