Engraved EG, the "World's First Fully Hand Engraved Car" project BUILD

Engraved EG

What how does this stand up to rain and the weather? Does it rust faster?
Thanks for the question. The exposed engraved areas stand up just fine in rainy weather. There are no bare metal exposed areas on the EG so it will not rust. Depth control is the key. ;) I will be spraying the engraved areas on the car once the body is completely engraved. Then will be adding a clear coat and an entire clear bra on the car.

Engraved EG

Engrave the ClubCivic logo somewhere on there man! :D
That would be something cool to engrave. Ill have to think about that one though. ;)

BTW, cool avatar pic. The Bulls are awesome. I went to a Bulls game once when Jordan was still playing. What a sight to see. =)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^LOL!!

That would be something cool to engrave. Ill have to think about that one though. ;)

BTW, cool avatar pic. The Bulls are awesome. I went to a Bulls game once when Jordan was still playing. What a sight to see. =)
Do it really really tiny and in on a place where no one can see it, lol, like the underside of the side skirt lol.

There you go, it was life time experience. So it would be a good reason for you to engrave a Bulls logo. wait... are you talking about Michael Jordan my dad? yea he was bad ass.

Engraved EG

^^^LOL!!

Do it really really tiny and in on a place where no one can see it, lol, like the underside of the side skirt lol.

There you go, it was life time experience. So it would be a good reason for you to engrave a Bulls logo. wait... are you talking about Michael Jordan my dad? yea he was bad ass.
I dont think I would engrave a Bulls logo on the car, even underneath the side skirt. lol. Maybe I should engrave a Steelers logo since I am originally from Pittsburgh. :D

Yes, I was talking about Michael Jordan when he was playing. =) Awesome game!

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool cool. I like the Domo holding the rod and piston, that's dope. did you design that youself or you saw it somewhere?

DA BEARS!!

Engraved EG

cool cool. I like the Domo holding the rod and piston, that's dope. did you design that youself or you saw it somewhere?
Thanks Hecz. Yes, I did design the Domo holding the rod and piston myself. There are suppose to be springs inside his arms and legs but its kinda hard to see. Domo's face and body is suppose to be like the inside of an ECU with the computer chips, connectors, and such. I wanted to add more fine detail, but decided against it.

I designed another Japanese character on the other side of the car. Girls would like that design more than guys. lol.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Hecz. Yes, I did design the Domo holding the rod and piston myself. There are suppose to be springs inside his arms and legs but its kinda hard to see. Domo's face and body is suppose to be like the inside of an ECU with the computer chips, connectors, and such. I wanted to add more fine detail, but decided against it.

I designed another Japanese character on the other side of the car. Girls would like that design more than guys. lol.
Nice. So do you put this stuff on paper first, then go at it. Or do you just freestyle it?

Engraved EG

Nice. So do you put this stuff on paper first, then go at it. Or do you just freestyle it?
Most of the Engraved EG is freehand and come up with designs as I go. For the logos I made a template for each then engraved them. The logos need to be "picture perfect". Oh, and the "templates" I create are not stencils. Everyone asks me that so I thought I would throw it out there. I do use rulers, markers, and pencils to make those templates. =)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you cant not like this guy, jesus christ, i tell him i think his car looks stupid, and he is nice about it, christ, i wanna give the guy a hug and take him out for ice cream or somthing.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is awesome, you've got a ton of skill. The only thing I'm not really into is the company logos but to each their own. Super cool project you have here.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you cant not like this guy, jesus christ, i tell him i think his car looks stupid, and he is nice about it, christ, i wanna give the guy a hug and take him out for ice cream or somthing.
Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engraved EG

I like ice cream R3dline. :suprise: Maybe I'll hand engrave an ice cream cone on the car just for you. LOL.

Just because you or many other people may think the idea for my EG design / concept is stupid, Im not gonna take that as something negative. I knew that the "Engraved EG" would stir up some chatter and that is exactly what Im getting. ;)

I see it as this......we are all car guys / gals here and everyone makes their own decisions on what they would like for a car build. Not everyone will agree on those individuals decisions and that makes everyone's car / project build unique or special.

I just happen to be doing something that no one else on this planet has done........period.

You still gonna take me out for ice cream??? :shock: I'll pass on the hug though R3dline.

086head

Registered VIP
Amazing man! Dremel is awesome. I use to take a dremel to my leather wallets or cd cases and make designs on them. Such a unique build. Not only do you have some crazy good exterior, your bark has a little bite under the hood..Im curious, what are you going to do with the interior? Get some top notch s**t and engrave it too i suppose?

Engraved EG

This is awesome, you've got a ton of skill. The only thing I'm not really into is the company logos but to each their own. Super cool project you have here.
Thank you very much cgpEJ6. There are many people who see the "Engraved EG" and they also dont like the company logos on the car. Each and every logo on the EG has a purpose. Thanks for your comment. =)