EthanIsCools Daily Driver Build thread.

Ethaniscool

Hi guys so I'm new to the site. I picked up a 1997 LX sedan 5 speed and I will be my daily.
First things first, I needed to get some Maintenance out of the way.
Thats new Distributor, and Cap. Spark Plugs and Wires, Air filter and Oil change.
Timing belt and Water pump will be coming very soon as well. Well before mods.

The suspension is shot so I bought a set of Racelands coils. :roll:I know I know. But the car is my daily and I dont need crazy spring rates and stiff ride. I used to have a set on my miata and they dailyed just fine.

I bought a Clutch and a new Flywheel and will be installing that shorty.

So the plan with the car parts wise is as follows.

Energy suspension full bushing kit. (Oem is shot)
Short shifter
Front and rear lips
New Headlights
Window Visors
Used set of diamond racing wheels from a friend and fresh tires.
Just make a nice comfy daily that looks good.

Progress with be slow however as I was involved in a pretty bad Dirtbike accident and broke my leg, I have about 2 months to heal up. So once im better progress will be alot quicker.

Oh and my old car. Boy do I miss it!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you went from a bmw to a civic o_O

the f**k are you smoking?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
must be in the IV they gave him, cool socks though :thumbup:
and good luck with the build

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
GL man I hope ur civic turns out nice...it's gonna be hard to replace a BMW with a civic BUT it can be done.

Ethaniscool

Well, I've been living at home so I was able to afford it. But I am moving out of the parents house so I need to free up as much money as I can.

Plus, I'm really enjoying the 31$ full ups opposed to 60-70$ ones.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever floats ur boat homie!

Gl wit it!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Ethaniscool

Alright guys, time for a bit of a update.
I got my Coils in finally, after being on back order for a good while. Had to add washers to the rears because they were to wide.

Got them on and a friend of mine sold me his Kosei K1's size 15x7 +40 And I cant tell you the tire size. :D
And for s***s we put his spare set of 1 inch spacers on just to see what it would look like. End result.

I was having some tire issues with the spacers on so I took them off for the time being. Took some crappy phone rolling shots.

And some of you may have noticed the cars in the background. Its my Friends Storms two cars

A JDM front Integra GSR sedan and a Eg Hatch with a GSR swap in it. Right before I did my coils I change his headgasket and both front axels.

You can see more of his sedan here. A little Blog I shoot for. Nothing crazy:roll:
http://savetheroots.com/blog/featuredroots/daily-storm/1560

Ethaniscool

I havent really updated this is in a while. Well I almost traded her for a 240. I traded cars for a week with a buddy and found out how much I love my civic now. I have definatly grown attached to it. I kinda put her on the back burner as most of my money is going into my miata drift car but she needs some more parts for sure and a little maintenance. Since I am trying to keep the cost down with this car as far as mods go I have a nice Idea for a bit more fitment but with my stock steelies.

Thinking some kind of hubcaps + spacers....................hmmmm.

Ethaniscool

The car is rough as it was wrecked by the previous owner and wasn't fixed properly. BUT I have a new front end and Im waiting to get it on the frame machine at work and pull it out a bit and get it all right. At the moment the miata needs New Bushings and before I do another event I need a Rollbar/harness bar and a seat. and of course the bushings. Im thinking of making a build thread here just to entertain you folks. I dont have one on my miata fourm just because I dont feel my car is up to par just yet. But will be. =]