*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. Cuatro

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I bought a tripod tonight then went straight out to somewhere I've always wanted to shoot at night.

I'm really new to HDR and don't really understand the point of it other than to bring out more depth, detail, and color. I'm not really a fan of the HDR photos that look cartoonish and fake but I do like the ones that have more color.

With that being said, I tried one. If you blow it up, the letters are out of focus. I had the aperture set too low. Overall I think it's cool. The D80 has a bracketing feature so I wanted to try it out. And sorry about the power lines. I suck at editing so they're not coming out :P. And there's no other way to get around them. It sucks they put them so close to the building.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's the point of hdr, to get the missing details from either over or under exposure. Like a sunny day with a dark shadow cast on a persons face. normal photos either would have a black face or a washed out sky. hdr would give you both proper exposures with a lil drop in contrast

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Clean shot John.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Some recent ones

I also work for food... Got free breakfast at this Coffee & Tea place for taking some shots for the owner.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
White balance looks a little off but I like em civex :like:.

I tried HDR again. I keep forgetting to shoot in RAW. I'm used to shooting on my D40 and not doing much editing so I have never switched out of JPEG in years.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
John, I'm jealous. Nice work man.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks Mark. I'm happy with them even though I know I'm probably doing it very wrong.

I'm very picky so I edited out those random dots and made another HDR of a different angle.

Last edited:

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn its amazing what you can do with a high quality camera... that's it I'm saving up for a dslr camera.

a couple random shots with my mom's cannon powershot...

just a little contrast editing

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't say a Nikon D80 is high quality :P. It's discontinued at this point and not a pro camera but it's still a good one. I love it.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wouldn't say a Nikon D80 is high quality :P. It's discontinued at this point and not a pro camera but it's still a good one. I love it.
right now for me any dslr is gonna be "high quality" haha

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice deebs! Haven't seen you around in a while.

right now for me any dslr is gonna be "high quality" haha
Haha. You can pick up a used D40 body for between $200 and $250. Then an 18-55 kit lens is like $80-$125. Very basic entry level kit.

Unless you're a Canon kind of guy. Then I don't want to talk to you anymore :lol: :rolf:.

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good beginner set up but still a lot for me cause im out of a job lol. naww the only reason im using a cannon is cause its all i have available right now. but yea ive seen what a d40 can do and it looks good