exact mesh grille type (99-00 SI replica) name?

ekprimal

Hey everyone, i'm looking to replace my front grille because it doesn't have that SUNK IN look like the 99-00 si front mesh grille does. The one I have on if you check the picture below is more flat than sunken in which annoys me greatly.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm50/dsPriMaL/IMG_2675.jpg

I always figured that there isn't any other front mesh grille that could fit the front end of the 98 civics ex's unless you convert the whole front end (bumper, side panels etc).

Is there any that you guys can recommend?

Thanks

ekprimal

i see some replicas with thin wire meshing but then there's others with thicker plastic mesh. What do you guys think looks cleaner? i'm leaning towards the thin mesh

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
ebay has the mesh grilles that's sunken in..i think most people who don't do the DIY get it there

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It looks like you have the OEM front and rear lip, very nice. I would say to get an OEM CTR grille. Even though they are overpriced you already have the other stuff taken care of with nice OEM parts so I'd spend the extra cash and do it the right way.

CO671

Registered VIP
It looks like you have the OEM front and rear lip, very nice. I would say to get an OEM CTR grille. Even though they are overpriced you already have the other stuff taken care of with nice OEM parts so I'd spend the extra cash and do it the right way.
Didn't notice that!.The ebay crap parts really made me miss the hella rare 98 OEM lip kit.
@OP, DIY your stock one at least!

DTvn

DIY your stock grill & save yourself the money, the ebay grill don't fit as well as the stock one, you'll have a little gap at the bottom

ekprimal

yeah I have the oem lip kit, it came with the car back when i bought it in 2004! But unfortunately the front right corner of the OEM lip is cracked/ has a hole in it/ scuffed as hell from my mom that decided to move my car out of the drive way when i was sleeping. she bottomed out/ran into the corner of the stone wall by my driveway......made me super pissed.

i'm still deciding on what im gunna do with it. I was thinking of plasti dipping the whole front lip so the scuff marks wont be noticeable but then i'd have to deal with the matte black finish and the two tone look i'll end up having....idk if thats a good idea.

But i'm planning on replacing it as my best bet with another lip when i get more money. Or selling it off for a discounted price in order to getting a new lip. I'll post a thread on that in the future.

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC >>>> I ended up buying this grille

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151019650028?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

you think that was a good choice? It looks like it gives me the deep sunken in look that the SI grilles give. I hope its what i'm expecting!

plusone_ej8

post pics after you install it. if you don't like it i say get a oem/ctr it's pricey but at least you know it'll fit perfect