B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car probably had a dead cylinder

it did not sound like this all the way through the powerband

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfhf1Jkk2HU
lol this is actually a pretty good possibility. I remember last year when i cracked a valve on my #1 cyl. my car sounded like a suby. at first i was like awesome! but then i heard that tapping...

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
then call your friend, jack the car up and look at what he is working with

you didnt even mention what engine is in the car, or size of the exhaust

if you want that sound then buy a subie dude

ben h

then call your friend, jack the car up and look at what he is working with

you didnt even mention what engine is in the car, or size of the exhaust

if you want that sound then buy a subie dude
sorry its a b16

and there is no names on it so yea

Decipher

Registered VIP
There are a lot of factors that affect that sound coming out of the muffler... not just the muffler. Piping diameter, resonators, type of cat, even the bends in the pipe. Not to mention the motor and the modifications made to the motor.

You said he has a b16. So for starters if you're trying to replicate the exact sound you'll need... a b16. You could slap that identical exhaust setup on a d series and it would likely sound completely different. What else has he done as far as engine work? What type of cat, or does he have one at all? Good luck.

ben h

There are a lot of factors that affect that sound coming out of the muffler... not just the muffler. Piping diameter, resonators, type of cat, even the bends in the pipe. Not to mention the motor and the modifications made to the motor.

You said he has a b16. So for starters if you're trying to replicate the exact sound you'll need... a b16. You could slap that identical exhaust setup on a d series and it would likely sound completely different. What else has he done as far as engine work? What type of cat, or does he have one at all? Good luck.
no we live in minnesota we dont run cats here lol
and dunno wats done to it