Excess wax

thisizbrian

Vrooom...GOT NOS?!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got dont cleaning/detailing my car and theres wax on the weather stripping around the windows...i tried a toothbrush...its still there..any tips?

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your fingertip?

thisizbrian

Vrooom...GOT NOS?!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its dry and its not comin off with a toothbrush...so why would my finger work?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clay bar????????

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my first action would have been the tooth brush, try it again with some soap and water or something

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive always been able to get dried wax off with my fingertip .... i dont know what kind of weak s**t you guys use.

wake_rider

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use a mild mix of dish soap and water. Dish soap strips wax, so i think it would work in this case. If it doesn't work immediately, try using that toothbrush to agitate it a little.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and make sure you wash the car throughly after with actual car soap after you do that dishwasher s**t cause it also f**ks up your paint if you leave it on there or wash the car with it. The s**t in it that "cuts grease" also cuts your clearcoat.

Last edited:

thisizbrian

Vrooom...GOT NOS?!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the wax is on the weather stripping by the windows..its kinda rough and bumpy so the wax is in there deep. ill try the dishwaser sopa though.

thisizbrian

Vrooom...GOT NOS?!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK! i tried dishsoap...boo no good. I went to my friends dads shop called car pretty. he sold me a bottle of blue 2000. that stuff worked like a champ. cleaned all my vinyl of my car and it took no scrubbing or anything. Made it look black n shiny. blue 2000 is my new best frind.