Exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSWhaler

5+ Year Member
Ok, so my 97' DX hatch needs a new exhaust from the cat back ( no the cat though). I'm looking for the cheepest out there/ quitest. This is my winter car and want to spend as little as possible. Any ideas- I want it new so the lifespan should be long. I'm thinking about going to the local Meineke.

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got my old exhaust done at a local shop... the prob with that, is they bend the pipes themselves which means they are gonna have wrinkles in the bends. If you buy real catback piping... the bends will be mandrel, which means they are perfect... without restrictions.... you'll notice a difference. But if you do get it done locally, please dont go over 2" on a stock dx... mabye 2.25, but only if you have alot of mods. otherwise your gonna lose backpressure... trust me... been there.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best thing to do if you are looking for cheap is to buy used exhaust..i recommend Greddy Evo or Magnaflow exhaust

smeghead009

5+ Year Member
I had a local shop do my catback, it was all mandrel bend 2.25 inch it cost $110 without the muffler i got that at a local race shop for $100. if you want performance get a premade name brand kit, if you just want it done go find a little hole in the wall muffler shop and have them do it

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the apexi ws has a nice quiet but nice sound to it. but again it may be pricey but then again get a exhaust system cheap and if its too loud just get a silencer.

red4

VW in the house...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you want the cheapest and quietest replacement, just go to your local Napa or O'Reilly's and buy a stock replacement exhaust. can't be too far over $100.

Stinky

East_Coast_Chopstix
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
red4 said:
if you want the cheapest and quietest replacement, just go to your local Napa or O'Reilly's and buy a stock replacement exhaust. can't be too far over $100.
But then he's back to stock... and that kinda sucks. Unless you get a stock exhaust for a integra or prelude or something... but I dont think that will fit. Mabye the del sol, mabye.

red4

VW in the house...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JSWhaler said:
I'm looking for the cheepest out there/ quitest. This is my winter car and want to spend as little as possible. Any ideas- I want it new so the lifespan should be long. I'm thinking about going to the local Meineke.
^^ that's why i suggested stock. quietest, cheapest, will last quite a while

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
find an oem one from a junkyard or get a local exhaust shop to bend one

EH2 GSR 7232

Dee Dee Dee
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not very cheap but i had a GReddy evo on my 97 dx and it was real quite... just expensive...

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
red4 said:
^^ that's why i suggested stock. quietest, cheapest, will last quite a while
:werd: and since it's his winter car i doubt he's looking for alot of proformance

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
PLease visit you local junkyard and take a stock catback unit off junk car and place it on your hatchie =)

hondatunerz2002

5+ Year Member
Apexi WS all the way. good hP gains and its one of the quietest exhaust out in the market today.

but..not really cheap. u can get a good system for bout 450$ 8)

JSWhaler

5+ Year Member
Well I thought about the junkyard, but sucked it up when my friend said he would do it reasonably (he owns a local shop). So a little bit later and around $250 out the door I have my new exhaust. OEM looking but some other brand muffler. Looks the same and sounds the same so I don't care.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JSWhaler said:
Well I thought about the junkyard, but sucked it up when my friend said he would do it reasonably (he owns a local shop). So a little bit later and around $250 out the door I have my new exhaust. OEM looking but some other brand muffler. Looks the same and sounds the same so I don't care.
you got ripped.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.