f**k tie rod ends, f**k struts and ya know what.... f**k honda!

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got damn tie rod was stuck on the 03 crv my mom owns that I was attempting to put new front struts in. Well.... the thing to do would be to hammer the hell out of it until it pops loose... well, some how this ended up popping the damn boot and still no popping out of the strut.... off to pepboys to get a tool! That s**t doesn't work, so I took it back. It wasn't the tie rod seperator, it was whatever the haynes manual said to use. so a bit more hammering and it finally pops out. All f**ked up extremely. Gushing grease and all that fun crap. So I say f**k it... I'll deal with the tie rod end another day. Mind you I have a whole other side to do. Well, Putting it back together, god damn thread on the tie rod got all F'd up from hammering it... WTF!!! I try to fix it with a hack saw blade (cheap ass way, lol) doesn't work... Off to sears! Tap and die set! Hurray! $100 bucks later Finally figure out how to use the damn thing and end up gunning the damn nut on and saying f**k it for today.

Well, all this started at about 11 am.... its now 5:15.... yea.... f**k the other side until the weekend...

ok..... /Rant

welcome to ClubBlog.com :lol:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh yea... f**k getting filthy too and you can't get yourself completly clean!

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol.... yea

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we've all had these shitty problems with projects that should be pretty simple.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
NEVER EVER EVER hammer on the threaded side of any suspension component ruining the threads...:smackself: When you take the nut off, thread it back on by hand a couple turns, then hammer the knuckle section that the tie rod is in.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You didn't try to pry it with a flathead while hammering?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NEVER EVER EVER hammer on the threaded side of any suspension component ruining the threads...:smackself: When you take the nut off, thread it back on by hand a couple turns, then hammer the knuckle section that the tie rod is in.
I didn't.... which confuses me... maybe I slipped or something?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buy the proper tools?

and replace that tie rod end ASAP... you "gunning" the nut on.... will cause your beloved mother to get in an accident.

i have never EVER had problems with tierods like you have. i have the proper separator... which mind you... cost less than 50 bux..

theres about 3 jobs just this week where i was cussing just like you.... but you know what.... i got the job done without ruining anything

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you would have used the right tools the first time, it wouldn't have been such a b***h. I've lowered and f**ked with sooooo many cars its rediculous. If something doesn't come out at first, use PB Blaster or any type of penetrant. And use the RIGHT tools. If you cant figure something out, go to google, or look up the honda tech forums. There are so many avenues to finding out how to do s**t the right way that its kind of retarded not to take one.

PS> Autoparts store guys dont know s**t about your car, dont always rely on them.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how didn't I use the right tools?

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...the thing to do would be to hammer the hell out of it until it pops loose... well, some how this ended up popping the damn boot and still no popping out of the strut.... so a bit more hammering and it finally pops out. All f**ked up extremely. Gushing grease and all that fun crap.... god damn thread on the tie rod got all F'd up from hammering it... WTF!!! I try to fix it with a hack saw blade (cheap ass way, lol) doesn't work...
The make different size seperators. Never hammer a stud like that without the nut on it. Then dont try and fix it with a hack saw. BTW - You DO know that a Hack saw only cuts in one direction right?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
try pulling the suspension out of a f**king sts cadi f**king gm piece of s**t, i cuss those mother f**kers every damn day

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The make different size seperators. Never hammer a stud like that without the nut on it. Then dont try and fix it with a hack saw. BTW - You DO know that a Hack saw only cuts in one direction right?
well... I was trying to fix the bent thread with the hack saw, well... its not so much a hack saw blade... its a metal zawzall blade. But them cutting in one direction is news to me... never knew that. lol Should have been obvious now that I think of it...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, all this started at about 11 am.... its now 5:15.... yea.... f**k the other side until the weekend...

ok..... /Rant

welcome to ClubBlog.com :lol:
:lol: so that car's just chillin now??

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Wow.. hammering the threads..:nono:. and then trying to rethread it with a hack saw:smackself.. come on man use your head!

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either I forgot to say something or you people are missing a lot... whatever... I'm drunk now, all is well.