F20B Swap into 97 Civic LX

NeXuS772B

I found this swap at a local JDM Engine warehouse (im in Cincinnati Ohio on a job right now). Don't hear of too many people doing the F20B swap into an EK chassis so right away it got my attention. My original hp goal was ~160 but that puts me in the realm of B16s - every Tom, d**k & Harry does one of those. What surprised me was how cheap a total swap (what they call it on the listing) for an F20B is suprisingly cheap. Heres the listing

http://www.zerolift.com/products/honda/f20b-vtec-full-swap

What is missing from this setup that will be needed for it to go into my car and maintain the original luxuries (ie AC, Cruise control etc)? Are there extra cost involved that fact make the F2D swap more expensive than just a B series job? Also i opted for a swap vs going turbo because I wanted to maintain engine reliability since this is my daily driver.

I would not do the job myself so labor will be a factor in the final price. If it matters; I don't intend on doing any further mods beyond bolt-ons if I were to go with this swap as I know parts are rare for this breed. What headers/catback and short ram intakes would fit on an F20B DOHC VTEC?

Thanks for any input

ekcoope

Nice i wouldnt mind doin one of those swaps almost tha hp of a type r but cheaper

NeXuS772B

Nice i wouldnt mind doin one of those swaps almost tha hp of a type r but cheaper
Yeah and honestly the major complaints I hear are that its aftermarket support sucks compared to an h22 - but i really would just stop once the engine is in since 200hp at the crank should be sufficient power at the wheels. Especially when looking at what im working with now...just trying to make sure i have an idea of EVERYTHING i will need for the swap so I know what it costs before labor.

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
Bump i wanna see you smoke turbo'd B18 with this thing. What's the compression like?

No fat chicks, car will scrape.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
Fyi: the f20b is from a Honda s2000. Although most the parts r there for you there's gonna be allot of custom work needed.

Your going fwd to rwd

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

NeXuS772B

Fyi: the f20b is from a Honda s2000. Although most the parts r there for you there's gonna be allot of custom work needed.

Your going fwd to rwd

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
I believe you mean the f20c is in the s2000? The f20b is in the European Accord SiR i think so its still a fwd-fwd swap

NeXuS772B

Bump i wanna see you smoke turbo'd B18 with this thing. What's the compression like?

No fat chicks, car will scrape.
its high 11.0:1 - from what i gather its a destroked version of the H22 that was factory tuned for the Euro Accord SiR

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much cash do u have. That engine may seem cheap now but after all the custom parts and the fact that you'll have to sepcial order little things like a cap and rotor and s**t from japan will make it add up. You may think b swaps are just a bandwagon thing but their also great there have always been B16's B18's H22's K's in the US no F20b's though. Your better off with a B18b if you want to go cheap.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
chances are if people arent doing something, its probably for a reason.

NeXuS772B

How much cash do u have. That engine may seem cheap now but after all the custom parts and the fact that you'll have to sepcial order little things like a cap and rotor and s*** from japan will make it add up. You may think b swaps are just a bandwagon thing but their also great there have always been B16's B18's H22's K's in the US no F20b's though. Your better off with a B18b if you want to go cheap.
4k is roughly what im looking to spend on a swap at this point. Would a b18 just drop in with the included axles (integra right?). Im lookin for a swap that would have any addtional modification costs so essentially engines/trannys that drop in and bolt up. The more research I do on this F20b swap there more added expenses im begining to uncover...

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for 4k you could find a gsr swap near you easily. s**t you might be able to buy a whole gsr for that.

or b18b1 and supercharge or something. ls/v. so many options

NeXuS772B

for 4k you could find a gsr swap near you easily. s*** you might be able to buy a whole gsr for that.

or b18b1 and supercharge or something. ls/v. so many options
Nice really? I figured with labor factored in a GSR swap would be much more than that...but yeah with the extra money i could do a low boost forced induction setup too.

civicexkid

if i were you unless you gonna make this car something you could bring to a show or have in mag then dont worrie about doing stuff others have already done its all been done somewhere. put a b16 or b18 in there and call it a day. most integra parts suspention wise can work with the ek chassis. if this is your daily drivier then b16 it. or if you have 4k to drop into sell that and put that money with the 4 and go buy a faster better car as it seems your getting boarded with this one.

cuetip

Registered VIP
and plus if its in another car besides the s2k your oil pan will be sitting inches from the ground