Featured Ride Contest #4

Who do you think should win our Featured Ride contest?

• civexspeedy

Votes: 48 44.9%
  • speedygonzales

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 99coup3

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • Ferio Vi-RS

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • 00_Civic_Si

Votes: 12 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
still not sure how a stock eg coupe with a bolton single cam and full suspension with stickers galore wins this

what ever floats your guys boat i guess

the green 4 door got my vote, its actually got some balls behind it with some time and effort
It's not an eg coupe. No such thing. Your username is incorrect actually since you have a coupe like mine. It's an ej1. Yours looks like an ej2.

Maybe it has to do with the well thought out suspension..? I honestly have no interest or need for a swap or boost. I'm already faster than cars with 3x+ the hp so I clearly don't need it. I'm sure the people who first look at my car funny at Porsche/BMW/Corvette events think it doesn't have balls. But its funny how quick their faces and opinions change. I've had countless people come up to me at the end of the day, ask me what motor I have or how much power I have blah blah then I tell them it's a bolt on sohc and only has 96whp LOL. Nothing like taking multiple FTDs, beating $120k GT3s or gutted/caged Z06s with this little thing that doesn't have balls =)

I'm not trying to talk my car up. It's just clear that some have no idea of what my car is capable of doing and/or why it is built the way it is(class rules).

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not an eg coupe. No such thing. Your username is incorrect actually since you have a coupe like mine. It's an ej1. Yours looks like an ej2.

Maybe it has to do with the well thought out suspension..? I honestly have no interest or need for a swap or boost. I'm already faster than cars with 3x+ the hp so I clearly don't need it. I'm sure the people who first look at my car funny at Porsche/BMW/Corvette events think it doesn't have balls. But its funny how quick their faces and opinions change. I've had countless people come up to me at the end of the day, ask me what motor I have or how much power I have blah blah then I tell them it's a bolt on sohc and only has 96whp LOL. Nothing like taking multiple FTDs, beating $120k GT3s or gutted/caged Z06s with this little thing that doesn't have balls =)

I'm not trying to talk my car up. It's just clear that some have no idea of what my car is capable of doing and/or why it is built the way it is(class rules).
:like: you said if for me. Few people know in auto x power isn't everything.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Ferio Vi-RS

I Heart BoA!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i agree with speedy, mines only upgraded cuz i came across great deals (my d16 seized up and my friend was moving so i got the b16 for super cheap). i like speedy's his is full purpose built. my car is kinda purpose built but it's built to have fun. it started out as a "show car" but over the years i gave up on that (due to the super high quality shop builds out there) and decided to give it a little more "umph". my suspension imo could be a little better but it works for now =) and yes power isn't everything. it's knowing what to do with the power you have.

95eggsr

quad box

its a 5th gen eg and its a coupe. second your car is slow, maybe its quick around the track because of how it handles but it will still run a 16.2 at 84 mph. this is a club civic featured ride contest where looks and whats under the hood matter, not a which car is better at autox. at the end of the day you entered a car with a single bomber, stock interior, ugly knockoff wheels, and stickers from all the places you probably overpaid for your parts. i dont see one bit of effort put on this besides pumping up the jack to install your dc headers. your going to win anyway you dont have to write a 5 page essay defending yourself like the other kid said

heres a good example of a contest entry, and it will be right on your ass on an autox track with a decent driver

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks and power aren't all that matters to enter this. Again, this contest is for fun.

I would honestly take civexspeedy's car over all of the entree's out of this one. I'm all about the handling. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. I've been to autocross events and the kind of skill it takes to run a good lap time is unbelievable. I've seen a stock S2000 wipe the floor with highly modified WRX's, STi's, Evo's, 240's.... He's an absolutely RIDICULOUSLY good driver. His car is 100% stock except for tires and he beats every modified car that shows up.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its a 5th gen eg and its a coupe. second your car is slow, maybe its quick around the track because of how it handles but it will still run a 16.2 at 84 mph. this is a club civic featured ride contest where looks and whats under the hood matter, not a which car is better at autox. at the end of the day you entered a car with a single bomber, stock interior, ugly knockoff wheels, and stickers from all the places you probably overpaid for your parts. i dont see one bit of effort put on this besides pumping up the jack to install your dc headers. your going to win anyway you dont have to write a 5 page essay defending yourself like the other kid said

heres a good example of a contest entry, and it will be right on your ass on an autox track with a decent driver
EG and Coupe are not one in the same. Don't believe me? Take a look at this chassis code list...
http://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/civic-chassis-codes-31271/
You have an EJ2, not an EGanything.

I don't care about what times my car would run on a drag strip, I've never been to a drag strip and I don't street race. That time is insignificant to me. Clearly this contest isn't for what car is better at doing X thing, look at current and previous entrants. My Falkens wheels are Falkens. I bought the Nippon wheels for street use so I could use a better tire and tire size. Stock steelies and stock tire size with mild performance tires will not fair well with my suspension setup on the street. So it's actually a necessity. Why would I spend $1000+ on shiny wheels to impress some kid when I can put that money to better use? I actually havn't overpaid for any of my parts and like I said in a previous post, the majority of the stickers were free and some aren't even parts related. Read my previous posts before you try to bring up that stuff again.

No effort? Stop thinking about motor and power for one second. How about the mass amounts of research I've done to get my suspension and handling where it is? If you didn't look at the pics, I swapped my motor. Little more work than jacking the car up.. If you question my mechanic skills, well, I've been a Toyota T-TEN certified techincian for 3 years with 5 years of on hand experience in dealerships and personal cars. I could swap a K motor or boost this car if I wanted to easily. Just like the numerous amounts of other Civics out there. It's not hard. Do I want it or need it? Nope.

This is a discussion forum. I can write what I wish and I don't believe any of my posts on this forum have truely been negative towards anyones cars or anyone in general. Unlike some others on here...

And that car you posted a picture of, regardless of a good driver or not or w/e motor or suspension it has, that car will NOT keep up. Sorry. Not with those crappy Kumho tires on it haha. And don't play that stupid "oh I know this persons car could beat your car" game. Give me a break...

95eggsr

quad box
oh so you know what my suspension and tire set up is?
your car is nothing special son, sorry your competing against some of the ugliest cars on this forum. later

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your car is nothing special son, sorry your competing against some of the ugliest cars on this forum. later
If you want to leave, we can gladly arrange that for you.

There is no need to bash people or their cars just because you don't like them. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and plain bashing. You're getting very close to crossing to the wrong side.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Because you posted your mod list on here, yeah I actually do know your suspension and tire setup lol.

-Suspension
skunk2 pro s coilovers
blox front and rear camber kits
blox lower control arms
bwr subframe brace (not pictured)
ultra racing upper front brace
pwjdm upper rear xbrace
c-pillar bar

205/50 r15 khumo asx
If you installed the Skunk2's per their instructions, they have their spring rates on the wrong way that they should for better handling characteristics. Your Blox products are nothing at all to boast about (speaking from personal experience with them here). Same deal with BWR products, sorry. Do you even have a rear swaybar for that subframe brace to actually be useful or necessary? And you're telling me I overpaid for my parts? Your the one who wasted money on the xbrace and that c-pillar bar does nothing. Oh and I was right, your tires are junk. I've driven on Kumho ASX's, you can't even begin to compare them to the Bridgestone RE-11's and Toyot R1R's I run on.

And your car wasn't so "hot' at one point either. Give these other members some time and I'm sure they could bring their cars up to par. Which it really doesn't matter anyways. They love their cars and this is for fun.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kumho ASX's, you can't even begin to compare them to the Bridgestone RE-11's and Toyot R1R's I run on.
They aren't even in the same class! I really want RE-11's but they are ridiculously expensive lol. I can't imagine how awesomesauce they are though.

Let's try to keep the personal attacks down. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism. But attacking each other is pointless and will lead to infractions if it continues.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
3 more days to vote!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Contest ends tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
..... -.-
^ please ban this guy...

He annoys me
:word:

Because you posted your mod list on here, yeah I actually do know your suspension and tire setup lol.
ahahah

Voted by the way :D Seeing as how the voting ends today, I think it's clear who the winner is

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thank you all for voting! Once the votes have been looked through and verified, the winner will be announced in a separate thread!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sorry to keep everyone waiting still. I'm just waiting to hear back from Jay Jay with the votes. Since I didn't set the poll public or whatever, I can't see who voted for what.

Status
Not open for further replies.