Feedback on KYB GR2 Shocks

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
Any positive/negative feedback on these shocks?

I am getting some Tein S Lowering Springs (1.5") and have either the option of using the stock shocks or the KYB GR2 shocks. Any feedback? ride comfort? bouncy?

I am going to be using 17s and probably get some 16s next summer.

Car is my Daily, just drive to school, home and work. Occasionally some trips. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They should be fine with those springs. These shocks are stock replacements.

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
Yeah, thats what ive heard. So should i just use my stock shocks? Any difference in terms of ride quality?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your stock shocks have high mileage, you might as well get the new shocks.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that's a lot, time to change!

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
lol. yeah i guess its a lot. The suspension is fine though, other than rust on the 2 front tophats. Those will probably just break off, hence my other thread looking for new tophats. Anyways, im just saving up for 2 new tires for my 17s, then ill put the new suspension in. Hope nothing rubs.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Tein springs don't drop too low so you shouldn't rub if you tires aren't way thick.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
glad you posted this.. ill be installing the same springs on mine this weekend. Dont have money for struts at the moment so they are going on the stocks...i actually have the same tire, wheel and now spring set up as you. post pics when your done man!

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
1.5" is fine, they recommend the AGXs if your going 2"+. I have the GR2s and they ride nicely

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
glad you posted this.. ill be installing the same springs on mine this weekend. Dont have money for struts at the moment so they are going on the stocks...i actually have the same tire, wheel and now spring set up as you. post pics when your done man!
Nice! I think you will have your springs on earlier than me. Im doing mine next weekend. I am still looking for tires for the 17s so worst case I will have the spring/shocks on with my 14" studded snow tires. lol.

1.5" is fine, they recommend the AGXs if your going 2"+. I have the GR2s and they ride nicely
Great! I like my stock suspension already (rides like a limo). Hopefully the GR2s will at the very least maintain that. ^^

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cool man.. if i do end up getting it all done this weekend il post some pics up for you to reference

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice! I think you will have your springs on earlier than me. Im doing mine next weekend. I am still looking for tires for the 17s so worst case I will have the spring/shocks on with my 14" studded snow tires. lol.

Great! I like my stock suspension already (rides like a limo). Hopefully the GR2s will at the very least maintain that. ^^
it wont be limo status lol but their cheap and the ride is good for what they cost

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
hahaha. Well before the civic, I had a b15 sentra w/ stock shocks and tein springs. Was kinda bouncy. This will the first time I replaced the shocks also, so I don't know what to expect. ^^ But i am assuming new shocks>150k shocks. IDK

prophetofsin

5+ Year Member
thanks for the pic. Those rims look real nice on your civic.

Here's my stuff.

What rear combo would look like

Wheel gap

Rear wheel gap

14" studded snows still mounted in april FTL