radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dwack91 said:
well with no brakes how will u stop?
Straight from Wikipedia:
Because there is no freewheel mechanism, fixed gear bicycles cannot coast. Whenever the rear wheel is turning, the pedals turn in the same direction. By resisting the forward motion of the pedals, a rider is able to slow the bike to a stop, without the aid of a brake. They can also be ridden in reverse, although the forward-oriented geometry of any bicycle makes this more of a stunt than a practical technique.

A rider can also lock the rear wheel and skid to slow down or completely stop on a fixed-gear bicycle, a maneuver sometimes known as a skid stop. It is initiated by unweighting the rear wheel while in motion (and usually lifting it off the ground slightly) by shifting the rider's weight forward and pulling up on the pedals using clipless pedals or toe clips. The rider then stops turning the pedals, thus stopping the drivetrain and rear wheel, while applying his or her body weight in opposition to the normal rotation of the pedals. When the rear tire again contacts the ground the rear wheel will skid, which acts to slow the bike. The skid can be held until the bicycle stops or until the rider desires to continue pedalling again at a slower speed. The technique requires a little practice and using it while cornering is generally considered dangerous. As with the technique of resisting the pedals, the maximal deceleration of this method of slowing is also significantly lower than using a front brake. A wet surface further reduces the effectiveness of this method, almost to the point of not reducing speed at all.

AND A VIDEO!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lePP2BaZhJU

k624ash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when i was a kid all i used was the fixed gear bikes, probaly cause they are cheaper, fun times though, i always enjoyed skidding to a stop with it

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all that work and still using clip pedals?

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
all that work and still using clip pedals?
Honestly I've never tried clipless pedals.

Plus I never go anywhere without these :twisted:

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chaos said:
dang....it figures lol:P
I'm too emo for my shirt,
too emo for my shirt,
so emo it hurts.

If slip ons make me emo, then hot diggity dog, count me in.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
radarblips said:
I'm too emo for my shirt,
too emo for my shirt,
so emo it hurts.

If slip ons make me emo, then hot diggity dog, count me in.

i used to wear slip ons when i was little..with some elastic stretchy pant bottoms..ahh those were the days..:lol:

nice bike!
it looks a little broke on the second one.. :laugh: