First Car, First Civic; '96 Civic

Flopez76

Just joined the forum and thought I'd show off my new car. It's a 1996 Honda Civic with a '93 Accord H22A1 swapped in it. Just bought it on Monday for $2500, runs like a champ. And I think it's a great first car to have. Let me know what you think, also the person I bought it off saved the receipt for the motor and front '00 Conversion and other parts he bought.

Engine:
-H22A1
-5 Speed
-Short Throw Shifter
-Wire Tuck, everything is in the glove box
-DC Sport Headers
-Unknown Exhaust?
-Cold Air intake

Exterior
-'00 Front End Conversion
-Muegen Front Lip
-Gt3 rims, I think?
-HIDs

Interior
-'08 Si Seats
-No name Quick Release steering wheel

Wire Tuck, battery is behind the glove

I'm guessing this might be a tuned P28 Ecu? Not sure but it has a jumper harness from OBD2a - OBD1 oh and i probably should find a better place to have it instead of on the floor lol

'08 Si Seats

Well let me know what you think, also where would be some good websites to buy parts from? Don't really know that much.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
what happened t oyour steering wheel, like the rims

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
far from stock. This car will either make you or break you. good luck!

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
Good start!

Definitely a good first car.

Flopez76

I don't know lol, when I bought it, it was like that. I'm going to but another steering wheel but don't know which to go with? Thanks guys, just need a bigger radiator because it has an single core Civic radiator, and it has no fan so any suggestions?

Flopez76

you paid 2500 for that car?? holy s*** that's a steal for sure
Yeah, talked him down from $4000, cash in hand is always good:D He has reciepts for the front end conversion to proof it wasn't stolen and also one for the engine which came out of a '91 Accord.

Also the original owner said I should pick up the front end because the axles are angled or something? But progress so far, driver side headlight was out, bad ballast. So just replaced it and bingo, it works now.

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What a great steal! Thats incredible. It needs some work but mostly its in good shape. Do you have A/C or Power steering?

Flopez76

No A/C or power steering , but if that's the price I got to pay for an H22, then so be it! Haha

radracer

5+ Year Member
i would swap out that half radiator and put in a full size radiator with twin electric fans

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah bro definitely a good start and a great price. But H22a1 came out of the usdm prelude not accord so unless he swapped that engine into an accord first that paper work is probably wrong. Correct me if I;m mistaken though.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm going to go against the grain here, it looks kind of just thrown together with some no name parts.
The motor is nice, but the rest of the car needs some work.

T-mo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I second that the h22 is out of a Prelude. They never made them in accords

Flopez76

My bad, the original owner bought an Accord that had the engine already swapped in. And yeah those no name parts will eventually get changed out.

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
I'm going to go against the grain here, it looks kind of just thrown together with some no name parts.
The motor is nice, but the rest of the car needs some work.
What could be no name parts? The h22? The 08 si seats? Maybe the intake but that looks about it.... And that doesn't even matter.. Lol

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very good start Sir!1! Needs a bit of cleaning up..but otherwise not bad at all.