First Civic/Project

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
D series valve cover washers came in today

dguver@live.ie

loving the work you have done so far , im only after getting an ek4 sir imported from japan to dublin starting from scratch now

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
loving the work you have done so far , im only after getting an ek4 sir imported from japan to dublin starting from scratch now
Thanks man! I'm looking forward to your build man good luck with the build!

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
ok question. i did research about putting an ex exhaust on my dx i have the headers now I'm just going to buy the high flow cat converter and a cat back exhaust everything should bolt up together no problem right?i also read that i needed a ex sway bar is this true?

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok question. i did research about putting an ex exhaust on my dx i have the headers now I'm just going to buy the high flow cat converter and a cat back exhaust everything should bolt up together no problem right?i also read that i needed a ex sway bar is this true?
I've been following your build for a while now man, nice work! :D

As for the question you had..Im not sure if anyone answered yet.

I just got done putting an exhaust on my 96 dx in the summer months. For the whole setup it was really easy man your going to need the following:

Ex header- In your question you referred to it as "headers", there's only one "header" just fyi :lol:
Cat converter- I found an older one off an ex civic just because it was cheap and money was tight..If you can get a hi flow cat, do it. I have a link of one its a magnaflow ill send ya for an idea.

Then your going to need the exhaust system of your choice.

Everything will bolt up fine, make sure you plug primary o2 sensor in too the header. Also, since we have the dx model our header from honda has the cat built into it which there is another o2 sensor there as well. Since you will be taking that out the secondary o2 goes where the new cat converter is.. (Right after the header) and the wires wont reach. Go on password jdm they make o2 extender that will let it reach.

Never heard a thing about the sway bar for this..

Heres the link for the o2 extension..I would go with the 32'' too be on the safe side, thats what i bought.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-O2-Sensor-Extension-Kit-P1767C320.aspx

And heres the hi flow cat I would recommend getting. Real good part at a good price. Despite what others may say, don't go with a test pipe. Yes its cheaper but trust me.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-22628/

Any more questions PM me :cool:

Jlpz88

Registered VIP
I've been following your build for a while now man, nice work! :D

As for the question you had..Im not sure if anyone answered yet.

I just got done putting an exhaust on my 96 dx in the summer months. For the whole setup it was really easy man your going to need the following:

Ex header- In your question you referred to it as "headers", there's only one "header" just fyi :lol:
Cat converter- I found an older one off an ex civic just because it was cheap and money was tight..If you can get a hi flow cat, do it. I have a link of one its a magnaflow ill send ya for an idea.

Then your going to need the exhaust system of your choice.

Everything will bolt up fine, make sure you plug primary o2 sensor in too the header. Also, since we have the dx model our header from honda has the cat built into it which there is another o2 sensor there as well. Since you will be taking that out the secondary o2 goes where the new cat converter is.. (Right after the header) and the wires wont reach. Go on password jdm they make o2 extender that will let it reach.

Never heard a thing about the sway bar for this..

Heres the link for the o2 extension..I would go with the 32'' too be on the safe side, thats what i bought.

http://passwordjdm.com/PasswordJDM-O2-Sensor-Extension-Kit-P1767C320.aspx

And heres the hi flow cat I would recommend getting. Real good part at a good price. Despite what others may say, don't go with a test pipe. Yes its cheaper but trust me.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-22628/

Any more questions PM me :cool:
Thanks man i appreciate it! and thanks for clearing it up for me since no one answered me

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice! Thought u were done modding?

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!