First Civic, Suggestions?

AHCDX8

Nice to meet you all, love this forum just decided to make an account!

So I got my first civic a couple days ago, it is a Honda Civic 1998 DX with about 135k miles. The previous owner kept it in decent shape. Anyway, I am new to Civic's and looking for some ideas to make this thing look nice. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks everybody!

epic_civic

Remove the hubcaps and just rock the steelies! Paint them black, it'll look better than the caps. Also lower it a bit, maybe put some lips on there too. I think the oem look is cool. Welcome to CC!

99coup3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice pick up. Put some red/clear tails on it, front and rear lips, type r grille (make sure you paint match the grille trim), clear up the headlights and paint match all the trim, mirrors, trunk piece, lips and such. Lower it and get some rims (15s or 16s). Good luck!

Ace92028

Gold Member
yeah you can buy lips on Ebay, thats what i did. Just avouid ABS plastic. You should def get rid of those hub caps, i would get some gunmetal rims 16's or 17's. Than i would paint all the black plastic on the car to car paint, get the rust off the car :D

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First and foremost, get rid of the rust. It would be a shame to throw a bunch of money at "look good" parts only to have the beauty of them taken away by that corrosion.

Also a headlight replacement or a restoration would be on the top of my list as well if it were mine.

I would also ditch that auto tranny. These things are slow enough as they are and the auto makes it even worse off. That and if you ever want to even think about throwing some power to it, the tranny won't handle very well.

It definitely looks like a good start. Just needs some love.

Good luck.

epic_civic

you could always get creative too and do something like this

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=157754&highlight=sickest+steelies

but thats up to you, and i myself am looking into getting a lip on mine as well, i was thinking about going ebay but not sure yet. And yeah definitely look into that rust near the back wheel, living up north later in winter will make it worse over time if not taken care of. Also i don't know if you checked, but does the frame have any rust issues as well?

AHCDX8

The frame is in pretty good shape actually. Only a couple little patches of rust, which are the obvious ones in the picture. Also anybody have any good interior ideas? Thanks a lot guys!

marneli10

Registered VIP
Throw in a mugen lip paint da steelies black or get some red rims 15s and drop it datll make it look clean for now later or of u have planed ot already do a 2000 front conversion

AHCDX8

Quick update guys.

I took the hubcaps off and painted the Steelies black. I made a DIY front grille (temporary), I de-badged it and painted the Honda logo black on the trunk. And I took out the carpet to dye it. Any suggestions for what to do next? Thanks.

soon2bsick

Registered VIP
:huh: howd you get the carpet out without taking the interior panels off

I'd get some purple power and go to town cleaning up that engine bay, fix the rust and start there then go to the look good stuff

sk8mike

Undefeated D16y8......WOW
on ur intake keep the coolant line on thier of course but the other line take it off plug the piece on the intake and get a little filter for it (a breather) helps car if u kno how to keep filters clean

AHCDX8

Here is the interior looks now let me know what you think.

And here are the steelies with better lighting.

qwertyuiop

Rockin' Out the Sedans!
Now sand the rim of your rims. If you know what I mean to get that polishe3d look. :D

Do what I did. :D
Paint your valve cover, buy a VTi Cluster. (It's VTI in the philippines but i don't know there) The one with the tach.
Lower it, keep that red/amber tails, thats pure JDM. Maybe repainting it? and do some rustproofing work on that. Please? =)) LOL. Match your door handles, mirrors, and rear plate holder color to the car. DONT PAINT THE DOOR TRIM. That's JDM. Also buy a bumper for the front and rear that will acomodate bumper trims. If you have money, buy a 3 spoke steering wheel. Those shits just look TOO BULKY. Buy a clock. And repaint. that's justmy opinions. OH AND A BLACK HOUSING HEADLAMP. AND YELLOW SQUARE FOGS.

1997EK

1997 Civic DX (EJ6)
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the auto DX club! Haha.

Not bad so far. I'd definitely take care of that rust first and foremost. Then I'd focus on cleaning up those headlights and cleaning your engine bay. Some engine cleaner should do the trick. Oh, and ditch that chrome exhaust tip thing (or at least adjust it so it fits right). Looks goofy sticking out like that lol.

Seems like you're off to a good start though. As far as mods, I'd start with the simple stuff. Tints, fogs, some nice wheels, front and/or rear lips, etc... Good luck with it and keep us posted!

AHCDX8

Hey guys I still didn't get the rust fixed :/ But I do have some nice new pictures to better show what I am working with right now. Thanks!