First time engine rubuild help!

stoppre95

I have not yet done an engine rebuild and i need some help finding the right kit.
What do I look for in a kit?
I know this is not specific but please bare with me.
Thanks for the help!

JeffBel

Registered VIP
The yonaka gasket kit is pretty good, are you rebuild the whole engine or just the head?

086head

Registered VIP
Forgive me if i missed anything but what are you rebuilding ? What year car and motor? Na motor, boosted, or just a simple plane jane rebuild?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oem honda...

stoppre95

D15b2 NA, I am not boosting it. Oil was leaking out of the valve cover and the block and head was caked in oil when I bought the car. I was planning on just buying a complete gasket kit and rings and bearings.
The rods and pistons are good, should I invest in anything else?
I want to do this right with quality materials, any help will be appreciated.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Just stick with oem. Aftermarket is only good if you're chasing numbers

stoppre95

Thats what I wanted to do, I do not want to convert this engine into a F/I ever.
I just want to know where I should buy the gaskets and anything I should need for the rebuild

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats what I wanted to do, I do not want to convert this engine into a F/I ever.
I just want to know where I should buy the gaskets and anything I should need for the rebuild
I think it's clear that we're all saying nothing is more reliable than OEM Honda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just curious as you keep asking and bypassing the obvious...why not go to Honda?

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Call up your local dealership and have them get a price together for you with all the part numbers. Then check around on Majestic and the other oem part dealers to try and get lower prices.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Call up your local dealership and have them get a price together for you with all the part numbers. Then check around on Majestic and the other oem part dealers to try and get lower prices.
This but don't be surprised if they won't give you the part numbers. We don't. Only ones we give them to are high volume shops or customers. You would be surprised at how many calls we get from the kids at o'reillys, autozone, etc looking for part numbers because they can't find them by word searching. I got a call yesterday from a customer about a part, then wanted the part number. I didn't give it to him. Not 2 minutes later I get a call from o'reillys about the same exact part and number. Coincidence? I don't think so...

You have to realize they are in to make money and keep the building open. NOT to help you go buy from someone else.

Last edited:

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I understand to go oem but I just need a website or manufactorer to buy from
Do you not have a local Honda dealership nearby you? They usually can get their parts pretty quickly and genereally don't have to pay for shipping. That's why I say that.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I understand to go oem but I just need a website or manufactorer to buy from
I don't think it needs to be re-iterated anymore. Go to your local Honda dealer, and tell them what you want. Get a quote, compare through Majestic Honda (website), and go from there.