flashing cel while in 5th wtf?

infam0us3o5

low n slow.
5+ Year Member
i was driving normally, cruising around 35-40mph in 5th gear when my CEL started flashing...i turned off the car, then turned it back on to see if it would do it again and it hasn't done it since then.

i did some searching to try and find out what it could be and i didn't really find anything of help. :what:

what does that usually mean and what can i do to diagnose the problem if there is any?

btw im running a stock d16y5 with basic bolt ons, i/e..no major mods, only thing is, i recently replaced my crank sensor 2 weeks ago and replaced the vtec oil pressure switch saturday. i bought both, new from honda, so i dont think either would be bad..

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
35-40 mph in 5th gear?

desimunda

5+ Year Member
i have the CEL ON solid.. i did some research on that, i've not fixed the trouble yet..

during the research i found that a "flashing CEL" means that the engine is misfiring. and all the webpages suggested that I should get my engine checked out immediately.

If it doesn't happen again, i guess you're ok. if it repeats, you better check it out.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x2 on misfiring

infam0us3o5

low n slow.
5+ Year Member
im thinking a sensor may have come loose from hitting a bump in the road or something bc it hasnt happend since and the scanners at autozone arent reading any faults.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I got 35-40 in 5th all the time.

If it happens again, I would try to get the code asap.