fog light issues.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
having some problems with my fog lights. when the lights are unplugged i can get 12 volts out of the plugs. but as soon as i plug the lights in the relay starts to make funny cracking sounds. but when i plug the lights in to direct power they work great. could i just bypass the relay, and it should work or does the relay have to be there.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like the relay is bad.

its up to u if u want to bypass te relay, but i would just replace it and leave it the way it was designed..

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like the relay is bad.

its up to u if u want to bypass te relay, but i would just replace it and leave it the way it was designed..
i just put a new relay in it, its a 12v 40amp relay from autozone, this is the second one ive put in it. brand new and it never came on.

firejackal

5+ Year Member
i just put a new relay in it, its a 12v 40amp relay from autozone, this is the second one ive put in it. brand new and it never came on.
Im having this same issue, bought a new relay and no difference, did the original poster ever found a solution? Ive already determined power is going to the relay from battery and switch, but not from the relay to the lights.

civic209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well you have to make sure to get the right relay with the right map because a universal relay may not have the same map as the fog light relay that you need. Id say go to honda and get one but i dont think they sell anything for hondas below year 2004

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i turned them on today, and they worked about half way home from work. and kept cutting in and out. ive got the actual fog light relay, but the relay works until i plug the lights in. which is what cunfuses the hell out of me.