For guys who took your cowls out.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does your belt squeak in the rain? In normal sunny weather its fine.. But as soon as its wet or water gets splashed around down there. It squeaks.. So.. any of you guys have this problem? Any solutions besides putting one back on? I dont like the way it looks dry and cracked down there.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I havent had any problems/squeaks..

RonJ

Banned
Did you know that you can buy brand new splash guards for only about $25 (not including shipping and handling) at Majestic Honda?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When you get a belt wet, its going to slip and squeal. Just the way it is. I dont have my lower splash shield on, b/c its annoying to have to remove it every time you need to get down in that area. I really havent had any issues w/it not being there, except for a very dirty engine bay. Just means you have to clean it more often. :what:

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh, i didnt take mine out all the way, i just used a utility knife and cut away some of the front to have my IC piping clear. But, the belts are exposed, i get a little squeak here and there, but its for a sec or 2 then its over.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the link ronj. very useful i didnt know existed.

estoric- me too for a few seconds and thats it. i let off the gas when i hear it squeak.

i just dont want it to slip off while im driving. is that possible?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ronj i couldnt find the splash gaurds for 25 bucks. i looked everywhere.

RonJ

Banned
It's at Majestic Honda in the Front Fender section. Here it is for my 97 Civic. It's part #7.

Sorry, I made a mistake. The large splash shield is actually $55. The small extension side shield is $25.