Fresh coat of paint

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
I finally got my car back from getting painted. I also tinted my stock 96-98 tails and put 'em on. Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks nice...how much did it cost you???

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
bmoua said:
looks nice...how much did it cost you???
How much did what cost me? If you mean the paint job it's a cheapy from maaco. They fixed a bunch of dings and stuff and painted the whole car for just under $500. I figure I needed to get some paint on the new parts and I plan on getting a better job done in a year or two. This was a quick fix but looks damn nice so far.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice but ur sig pic. is way too big, resize it to 500x100 pixels

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
paint looks good, but whats up with the front end fitment

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well...it looks better, but the paint looks dull :?: :???:

OMGWTFLOL

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im liking.......great price for a pretty good paint job! its not fbp though right?

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
Jezek said:
Well...it looks better, but the paint looks dull :?: :???:
It hasn't been waxed yet and it was cloudy outside. Once the sun comes out I'll add some pics. I can't wax for 6 weeks tho. It does look better in person because there is a gold flake in the paint and it doesn't really show in the pictures. Hopefully you'll be able to see it when the I get some sunny pics. Also the front end fitment I'm working on. It's new parts after I rear-ended someone so I gotta work on that some more. Right now the rebar is pulling the bumper down some so I think I'm gonna take that out and see if that fixes it and if so I'll see what I can do with it.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
not bad man, keep up the g00d work.

tye

S.T.U.D.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like it, but think you should have left your tails white.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hate the front lip, headlights, fogs and mirrors. Get fresh OEM ones(looks 10x better than painted ones), paint the fog bezels back to grey and get a real Si Front lip.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
I hate the front lip, headlights, fogs and mirrors. Get fresh OEM ones(looks 10x better than painted ones), paint the fog bezels back to grey and get a real Si Front lip.
So what's wrong with the mirrors, they are OEM. Again what's wrong with the fogs and lip? I can understand the headlights... I'm looking for some CTR ones anyways.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
Here are some updated pics. I washed it and it was sunnier so I decided to post some new ones. I also worked on getting the headlights to fit better but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about the hood gap. Aftermarket parts :x Once I get it waxed I will put up some more pics. Hopeully this makes the paint look better.

Any comments are wanted and welcome.