From Shaved to unshaved? Opinions please!

Wi98Civic

How would you go about "unshaving" the rear quarters. Picked up this roller and kinda want someone elses opinion on what you would do.. If i sand it down am I gunna be able to get back to the original body marks?

I was thinking New Doors both sides but what would you think would be the best way to go at it on the rear qps

Thanks Opinions please!

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hammer, chisel, lots of sanding............Check out my build thread below and you can see some progress of removing over 5 lbs of Bondo from my CRX sides.

i removed it from the doors and the QP's

Last edited by a moderator:

Wi98Civic

Hammer, chisel, lots of sanding............Check out my build thread below and you can see some progress of removing over 5 lbs of Bondo from my CRX sides.
thx man.. tonight i think imma start and just see whats under this paint.. Car used to be red so i can only imagine what people do!

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just be careful if you choose the method i used......There were a couple times that I thought I had hammered into the cars sheet metal.....Luckily I did not.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think that there are stick on options as well... personally i would want the factory body line like you are going for

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would start with sanding. You don't know if they filled the area in with bondo or properly did it by welding a piece over the gap and prepping it.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would start with sanding. You don't know if they filled the area in with bondo or properly did it by welding a piece over the gap and prepping it.
This is very true.

I knew mine was all bondo from the cracks and breaks in it.