Front brake problem

highrolrcustoms

I have a 94 civic and i am having a front brake problem. It is not abs. The passenger front caliper sticks from time to time. it sticks bad enough to almost stop the car. I have replaced the caliper, new brake line, bleed brakes, new pads...ect. still sticks periodically. I noticed that when i installed the new pads when i tried using a c clamp to press the piston back in the caliper it wouldnt budge. I released the bleeder screw and piston went in very easily. This has been with both the old and new caliper. What could be causing the pressure not to release on the passenger side front caliper? Proportioning valve? Master cylinder? Any help would be great

tekfoc

5+ Year Member
Proportional valve.
Replace it .

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you grease the slides when you out the brakes back together, proportional valve? really? in my 15 years of automotive and Honda building I have never once seen one fail

highrolrcustoms

Cant be brake line.... i replaced it. also greased slides and boots are in good.condition... only other 2 options are proportioning valve and master cylinder.

Could bad or contanimated brake fluid cause the 1 caliper to stick?

The problem is very intermintent. I might drive a.week with no.problems but then it will start sticking.....once it cools down it unseizes..... like the pressure slowly releases

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
Did you grease the slides when you out the brakes back together, proportional valve? really? in my 15 years of automotive and Honda building I have never once seen one fail
s**t happens. This was caused by a faulty prop valve (locking of the rears with staggered pad setup)

tekfoc

5+ Year Member
In my 26 years in automotive repairs of Honda - Subaru - Pontiac - Toyota
I've seen proportional valves fail dew to contamination or just being defective .
Do check hard line for any damage first .