Front plates re-located...

dp-ek9

5+ Year Member
so in the past month i've goten a parking ticket for " no front plates" and i recently got pulled over for "no front plates".... i love the way it looks without the a front plate but s**t, i dont want to pay for the tickets or even get hastled by the fuzz... so i made my own bracket for the re-location.... passwordjdm has a 'cusco' one for $50....f**k that, i made mine and i didn't have to buy s**t.... just had everything i needed in my garage ;) .... here's the pics:

what you think?

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As it is, I'm not a fan of re-locating the plate, but the spot you chose makes me hate it even more :|

:twocents:

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jezek said:
As it is, I'm not a fan of re-locating the plate, but the spot you chose makes me hate it even more :|

:twocents:

:wstupid:

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hangs too low under the bumper

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, not feelin' the positioning at all.

Nine78Guy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
yeah, not feelin' the positioning at all.
werd.......i agree with him. i should had just moved it to the side and down a bit from the original location. but hey, whatever floats your boat. thats the new jdm location for plates. props on the diy part..

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
glad i live in a state that doesn't require two plates

Jibber

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe if it was more closer towards the center in the middle grill area..might look better. But I myself don't really like relocated plates either

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too low, if you ever get a lip its going to cover part of the lip

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mines relocated..cost me $5...i think its nice :D

but yea urs seems odd to me idk why..cuz its too off to the side?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Simply horrid. :(

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hope you were not planing on putting in fog lights. Also, I hope you realize that is gonna flap like a mother and scrape your bumper. Props to the idea and doing it on your own though. Just consider this version 1.0 and do a revise.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish we didn't need a front plate in Illinois too but I think it looks worse off to the side than it does in the center. When it's off to the side you have 1.) a license plate in the front still and 2.) ugly holes for a license plate exposed or two very obvious caps that might as well be holes for your plate. I'd rather have just an ugly plate than an ugly plate and ugly holes. you can buy hide a way plate kits if you hate it that much.

hkt03

shootin' sparks on i290..
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks completely out of place.. i relocated my plates but still attached it to the upper part of the lower grille..

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks out of place a little. Plus now you have the original wholes showing were the license plate is suppose to be. I think if you had a different front bumper that had no holes to start with then I would see the point of relocating. But if you like the license plate on that side then just move it up a little, it sits to low right now.

dp-ek9

5+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
Looks out of place a little. Plus now you have the original wholes showing were the license plate is suppose to be. I think if you had a different front bumper that had no holes to start with then I would see the point of relocating. But if you like the license plate on that side then just move it up a little, it sits to low right now.
i have the plugs for the holes... my brother got a hold of a pair for me...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
dp-ek9 said:
i have the plugs for the holes... my brother got a hold of a pair for me...
so now your car has nipples, 2 more holes in the front end, and the license plate location of a pontiac grand am...

really dude, it looks like ass

mAd jDm y0!